Sales Support Assistant Milton Keynes 2023
Join us and celebrate the beauty of human experience. Create for happier, healthier lives, with love for nature. Together, with passion and creativity, we deliver food innovations, craft inspired fragrances and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions. There’s much to learn and many to learn from, with more than 16,000 employees around the world to explore ideas and ambitions with. Every day, your talent, your innovative spirit, and your determination will shape our future, making a positive difference on billions of people. Every essence of you enriches our world. We are Givaudan. Human by nature.
About the role
Do you have a passion for food and drink? Do you relish the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and growing sales team? Do you have the confidence to build superior relationships with customers and internal stakeholders? Are you ambitious, hardworking, proactive, and looking for the right opportunity to showcase your future development potential?
At Givaudan, we foster a positive environment of openness and curiosity where we craft and share innovative ideas that delight, surprise and touch everyone's lives. As a member of the expanding Sales Support team, you will be an integral part of the wider UK & Ireland commercial team providing critical business support and developing internal and external relationships. Your strong administrative, communication, problem-solving and time management skills will enable your success in this role. In addition, you will actively build and maintain professional relationships with both internal teams and our customers.
If you thrive on providing superior excellence to customers, and are a self-motivated individual that is collaborative, proactive and highly organised with great attention to detail, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you, and a great entry role into the Global Givaudan Organisation based at our Milton Keynes office in the UK.
In this exciting and challenging role, with a ‘can do’ mind-set you will:
- Support our Business: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; project management, customer visits, sample requests, trial orders and price quotations, from initiation through to completion, and ensuring system accuracy and customer satisfaction throughout.
- Support Account Managers: Managing multiple competing priorities for yourself and the sales team; Communicating effectively with the teams who are often out on the road or not UK based; Have personal leadership skills and the ability to build strong relationships across function; Create easy to understand reports and presentations ensuring they are aligned with company branding and positioning.
- Support our Customers: Respond professionally to internal and external inquiries using systems knowledge, creative investigation, innovative follow up and problem solving techniques; Provide the business with timely information on clients’ requests, insights, and communications; Use your skills to support the Key Account Managers in delivering to our customers. You too can attend customer visits with account managers in order to learn the sales process and deepen your knowledge for future progression and development opportunities.
Are someone who wants to grow and shape your own world. Who thrives in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment. Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are. If this is you, then come and join us - and impact your world!
Your professional profile includes
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, OR experience within a similar commercial role in a corporate environment.
- A passion for the food and beverage industry.
- Ambitious and proactive with a go-getter attitude.
- Customer service focused with a proven ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- An eye for detail with a focus on continually looking to improve areas of efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly, work independently as well as part of a team, and work under pressure whilst prioritising to meet deadlines.
- Experience in a Sales Project Management system would be an advantage.
All applicants must have legal rights to work in the UK as Givaudan will not sponsor a work visa.