Silicon Team Internship
Graphcore has created a new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute.
About The Team
The Silicon team are responsible for designing the silicon chips produced by Graphcore in leading node technologies and using the latest and greatest EDA Tools.
During your internship, you can expect to gain exposure across the Silicon Team:
The Logical design and DFT team; responsible for realising architectural intent in a form that can be physically implemented and subsequently manufacturing level tested.
The Verification team; ensure that our IPU performs in accordance with its specification and that its implementation is similarly accurate.
The Physical Design team; take the logical RTL and produce final transistor level layout (GDS) ready to send to a foundry for manufacture.
Your 10-week internships will be like no other, with a mixture of learning on the job and working with your line manager to carry out your duties. You will intern solely in the Silicon team, and details of your role will be explained further at final stage interview. Typically, we offer an insight to the team, technical/project ownership and the opportunity to support the daily tasks, challenges and achievements the team are involved in.
Our aim is to enrich your experience, and to get you up to speed with life at Graphcore. This will start with a tailored induction and networking with your peers from a work and social prospective.
What Do You Need To Have?
We’re looking for technically minded, highly motivated and adaptable problem solvers who can thrive in our collaborative team. Specifically, for this programme you’ll also need to:
- Be an undergraduate studying at a UK university for an Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Computer Science degree discipline (or related) and on track for a 2:1 or above
- Have completed at least one year of university study and expecting to graduate no earlier than 2022
- Be able to evidence your technical skills using C++ and/or Python, for example through projects or previous work experience
- A good communicator with team-working and interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented and a self-starter, demonstrated through extra-curricular activities or hobbies beyond your studies
- Passionate about the field of AI with a keen interest to continue learning
In addition to a competitive salary our centrally located Bristol office provides a well-stocked kitchen with healthy food, drinks and snacks and our very own barista. We have an active social scene too - from cycling, yoga, running and football right through to a board game group.
- All internships are based in our Bristol HQ, Prudential Buildings, 11 – 19 Wine Street
- Working hours per week: 40 hours Monday to Friday
- Unfortunately, no additional relocation support can be provided.
- Start date: Monday 21 June 2021
- End date: Friday 27 August 2021
- Duration: 10 weeks
Hiring process and starting at Graphcore
For the time being, our hiring process has shifted to adapt to the new circumstances. While we love getting to know you in an onsite final stage interview, your final interview will likely take place via video call.
Our Bristol office is open, and employees that wish to work from the office can work safely, adhering to social distancing guidelines. Although we cannot comment at this stage on the working arrangement when you join, if offered you will be required to be Bristol based.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, so they can do their best work.