Environment Health and Safety Industrial Placement London July 2024
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer healthcare company. Shaped by all of us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for millions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re building together. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity. An exciting challenge. And a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity. And want to help us achieve this goal. Right now we’re looking for placement students in Environment Health and Safety (EHS) to join us to do career defining work.
A career in EHS where none of us stand still
To deliver Haleon’s strategy, we are building capability in our Environment Health and Safety (EHS) function that will enable its transformation into a leading Consumer Healthcare organisation. We shall need to meet ever higher expectations to rank among the top business performers versus our peers, and specifically be in the top quartile in EHS performance.
The industrial placement (IP) will become a member of the global EHS team. This team has responsibility for setting EHS standards and providing EHS technical support for the entire organisation including commercial, R&D and manufacturing operations around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that will establish EHS expectations for our consumer healthcare business. The IP will have a chance to experience many different areas of EHS and support the delivery of the 2024 Global EHS Plan.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
The IP will have a chance to experience many different areas of EHS including:
- Working with different stakeholders across the business.
- Supporting our risk management approach to address chemical exposures, noise exposures, and ergonomic risk
- Supporting the ongoing efforts to enhance our usage of technology in managing EHS risks.
- Analysing performance data to identify areas of strength and weakness and helping develop proposals to better manage these areas where needed.
- Reviewing and reshaping EHS guidance to ensure it’s fit for purpose for the Consumer Healthcare company.
What we offer
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include:
- A salary of £22,500
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
Who you are
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- Creative and problem-solving thinking
- Strategic/big-picture thinking
- Entrepreneurial and agile mindset
- Strong prioritisation and analytical skills
- Personal accountability
- Business and consumer/customer knowledge and understanding
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Products
- Understanding of how to use Power BI is desirable
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity
Education required: You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.