M&A Analyst Industrial Placement July 2024
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer healthcare company. Shaped by all of us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for millions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivine, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re building together. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity, an exciting challenge, and a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity, and want to help us achieve this goal. We’re currently looking for a placement student in the role of M&A Analyst within the Mergers and Acquisitions, Business Development and Licencing team to join us for career defining work.
A career in Mergers and Acquisitions where none of us stand still
This role offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in mergers and acquisitions, business development and corporate strategy within a leading FTSE company. The successful candidates will have exposure to various aspects of corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions. Plus, they will have mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals and networking opportunities within the organization and the external finance community.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
Core responsibilities will include:
- Support the due diligence process for potential mergers, acquisitions, or investments.
- Support Head of M&A in creation of market intelligence information / deal metrics.
- Support Head of M&A in developing and socialising deal best practices.
- Aid in the development of financial models and analysis for valuation purposes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support ongoing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations and reports for senior management.
- Maintain precedent transactions databases.
What we offer
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include: (Local recruiters to update)
- A salary of £22,500
- An annual bonus linked to performance
- Employee recognition through our global scheme which rewards exceptional achievements
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- Creative and problem-solving thinking
- Strategic/big-picture thinking
- Entrepreneurial and agile mindset
- Strong prioritisation and analytical skills
- Personal accountability
- Business and consumer/customer knowledge and understanding
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Proficient skills in excel
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Good at building relationships and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently or in a team
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s/master’s degree in finance, Business Administration, Economics, or another field involving analytical skills and numeracy.
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity:
Education required: This opportunity is open to all degree disciplines however would naturally suit those intending to pursue a career in Mergers and Acquisitions.
Other requirements: Requirement to work in the office 2-3 days per week.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We flex the way we work so we can be at our best, where possible, and with agreement between line manager, team and individuals. We acknowledge not all colleagues can flex locations depending on their roles and that we don’t have all the answers. Yet.
We invite you to apply as soon as possible. The way we see it, every day is an opportunity. And we are joined by new talent, every day. We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications.
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.