Workplace Solutions Industrial Placement July Weybridge 2024
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer healthcare company. Shaped by all of us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for millions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re building together. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity. An exciting challenge. And a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity. And want to help us achieve this goal. Right now we’re looking for placement students in Workplace Solutions to join us to do career defining work.
A career in Workplace Solutions where none of us stand still
In the Workplace Solutions function, we support the business with sustainable physical and virtual workplaces that enhance the employee experience, drive growth, and embrace digital. We help our employees find the right space and shape how their workplace helps achieve our business goals.
This job is for someone who is willing to be stretched and can deal with change. This is a fantastic opportunity to put academic skills into practice by being involved in project teams to problem solve. It also gives the incumbent a chance to start preparing for their final year at university with flexible thinking and ability to multitask deadlines to drive projects.
A successful candidate will be able to develop the following competencies
- Stakeholder management across multiple markets and cultures
- Business acumen across multiple markets and cultures
- Building digital competencies (SharePoint, content management and knowledge management)
- Working across an international and functional matrix (an opportunity to build relationships with people from all backgrounds and levels - building trust and rapport with others)
- The ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- The capability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- Reporting data in meaningful way (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Internal communication (video editing, concise writing)
- The drive and confidence to trust your own judgement
- Develop strong problem-solving skills driven by curiosity
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
On your placement you will be part of our global function and allocated to one of our three Center of Excellences or Regional Operations teams. You can expect to be involved in the following areas:
- The strategic planning of the Real Estate portfolio to keep up with market trends and ensure our facilities are in the right locations to support our business
- Collaborating with our Facilities Management suppliers to enable our sites to deliver to our customer’s needs
- Shape and define ways of working, global guidelines, and best practice for how to operate our sites
- Experiment with new and evolving technologies to enhance our customer employee experience
- Support our customers through their change management journey as we move Haleon to a more agile way of working
- Providing environments that are safe, legal, compliant, and sustainable.
What we offer
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include
- A salary of £22,500
- An annual bonus linked to performance
- Employee recognition through our global scheme which rewards exceptional achievements
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- Creative and problem-solving thinking
- Strategic/big-picture thinking
- Entrepreneurial and agile mindset
- Strong prioritisation and analytical skills
- Personal accountability
- Business and consumer/customer knowledge and understanding
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
- Awareness & sensitivity of different cultures and diversity within an international environment
- Ability to be a true business partner who can collaborate and build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- A genuine interest in Real Estate & Facilities, the commercial world, and the healthcare industry
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity:
Education required: You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You may be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year and they are supportive of your placement.
We need highly organised undergraduates who can communicate and network with their own teams and with other parts of our business. Above all, you must have the drive, confidence, and commitment to get the most out of your time with us
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We flex the way we work so we can be at our best, where possible, and with agreement between line manager, team and individuals. We acknowledge not all colleagues can flex locations depending on their roles and that we don’t have all the answers. Yet.
We invite you to apply as soon as possible. The way we see it, every day is an opportunity. And we are joined by new talent, every day.