Data Engineering Graduate Programme 2021
Are you a numerate or STEM graduate looking for a chance to kickstart your career within Data Engineering?
This is a unique opportunity with a quickly growing consultancy start up where you will get the chance to enhance your technical skills whilst also receiving in-depth commercial and consulting skills training from some of the industry’s most senior and influential practitioners. After an initial training period of between three to four months, you will be deployed onsite with their clients and get the chance to put your newly found skills to the test.
A start up with a difference, this business is backed by a world leader in the Data & Analytics industry. They believe that with the right technical training supplemented by commercial and consulting skills knowledge, a diverse group of graduates can truly make an impact in the future of the Data & Analytics industry. With a paid training programme and ongoing support from these senior practitioners, you will find yourself developing and progressing more quickly than your thought possible, gaining broad experience of life on client site tackling business-critical issues, whilst also relishing the culture, team spirit and backing from the business.
Our client takes the training and development of graduates seriously – combining best-in-class technical training in data engineering / science, as well as extensive use of business scenarios and data, hackathons and real-world examples within commercially focused modules.
Once our client has given you the tools and techniques to become a highly proficient data consultant, they then want to continue your ongoing professional development with a regular series of enhanced training courses (technical and non technical) as well as paid for certifications in a broader series of technologies e.g. cloud platforms. You will be deployed onsite to one of their many clients ranging from big FMCG brands to AI start-ups.
- On site, you will be involved in a hands-on role
- Project lengths vary from six months to two years with regular support and opportunities for upskilling from our client
Skills and Experience
- Educated to a degree level in a numerate or STEM discipline
- A-C GCSE English and Maths
- A desire to work with data
- A natural problem solver, comfortable translating complex issues in a clear and easy to understand way
- A self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile either for your client’s benefit, or building your own knowledge agenda
- A desire to work in a stakeholder focused environment, comfortable blending the technical with a more client-facing aspect
- Geographical flexibility is a must, as you may work on client sites across the UK