Data Science Internship 2021
For more than 100 years, Hitachi has focused on developing the social infrastructure that provides the foundation for nearly every aspect of modern life. We have grown significantly since our inception, but our founding spirit remains at the heart of Hitachi. This spirit is built on three words that guide the way we work.
Wa (Harmony): We respect the opinions of others and discuss matters frankly, but also fairly and impartially.
Makoto (Sincerity): We approach issues openly, honestly and respectfully, in the spirit of true teamwork.
Kaitakusha-seishin (Pioneering Spirit): We strive to lead in our areas of expertise, promoting the limitless potential of individuals while pursuing new challenges and higher goals.
These values form the foundation for our decisions and link our group companies around the world together. We foster a diverse, rewarding culture that drives innovation and inspires others to do the same.
We believe our company has the best people, and they get to work on some of the coolest projects on the planet.
- Analysis of diagnostic and maintenance data.
- Querying historical data from SQL databases.
- Performing statistical analysis on collected data to identify critical trends and conditions.
- Managing the design and distribution of periodic prognostic reports.
- Define and implement prognostic algorithms using coding languages such as (but not limited to) Python, R, MATLAB.
- Assist with management of the Hitachi Fleet Monitoring Tool event definition process from requirements gathering through to development and implementation.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.