Graduate Acoustics Engineer Bristol 2024
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Hoare Lea has joined Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group, a global alliance of MEP firms
Why work for us?
- You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
- You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
- You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
This is an exciting time to join Hoare Lea as we position ourselves in a fast-changing industry, where we as acoustic engineers have a vital role in developing healthy, attractive, and valuable places for future generations. We are large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism, and organic growth.
“Standing in a building, knowing you helped craft solutions that made it what it is: how it feels, how it functions, how it looks, how it SOUNDS… That’s the moment great design comes to life.”
We are looking for a Graduate Acoustics Engineer with a building acoustics interest to join our Bristol based team.
As a graduate engineer, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. You could be:
- Working on live projects from day one – click here to view our exciting projects
- In a variety of sectors from healthcare to hotels
- Working as part of a project team to collaborate in developing designs on large-scale projects.
- Measuring sound inside and outside buildings using the best tools available.
- Undertaking calculations and analysis using in-house developed programs and commercial software.
- Liaising and attending meetings with clients and project teams.
- Producing clear advice in written documents, sketches, presentations, audio demos, and interactive media.
- Contributing to a culture of creativity and innovation, influencing improvements in acoustic quality.
What we are looking for
- A bachelors or master’s degree related to Acoustic Engineering.
- A degree in another discipline will be considered if complemented with an IOA Diploma.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- A friendly, ambitious and positive individual with a flexible and enthusiastic approach.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career. For further information on the benefits we offer click here
Equal opportunities statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.
Reasonable adjustments statement
We're proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, and we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. If you have a disability that might affect your performance at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know about any help or reasonable adjustments as soon possible before any interview or assessment. We’ll work with you to make sure any appropriate support is in place.