Graduate Electrical Engineer 2024
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Hoare Lea has joined Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group, a global alliance of MEP firms.
Why Work For Us?
- You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
- You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
- You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
In addition, we will provide you with structure support to achieve Chartered Engineering status if you so wish.
As a graduate engineer, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. You could be;
- Working on live projects from day one – click here to view our exciting projects
- In a variety of sectors from healthcare to hotels
- Producing detailed designs and drawings
- Using the latest computer modelling software Revit, Dialux, Relux and Electrical OM.
- Undertaking site surveys
- Researching ground-breaking technologies
- Continuous CPD and learning opportunities
- Electrical – your typical work might include designing and creating Electrical Circuits, Wiring and Lighting.
Communicating will span all of these, as we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
You will receive a dedicated mentor and supervisor and you will receive the best training to support you through your development with us.
What We Are Looking For
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IET or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career. For further information on the benefits we offer click here
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application
We are unlikely to progress applications where sponsorship is required to obtain a Tier 2 (general) visa as we expect to be able to fill all our roles with candidates who have the right to work in place.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We're proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, and we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. If you have a disability that might affect your performance at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know about any help or reasonable adjustments as soon possible before any interview or assessment. We’ll work with you to make sure any appropriate support is in place.
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.