Graduate Façade Access Design Consultant London 2024
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Façade Access is one of our specialist groups, providing expertise on all aspects of personnel access and material lifting for buildings using the best traditional and modern technologies for new, refurbished, and occupied premises. As façades become ever more complex with overhangs, protrusions and non-vertical lines, maintenance becomes an increasingly more challenging process. Our efficient maintenance and access designs provide the ideal solutions for complex projects.
Hoare Lea has joined Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group, a global alliance of MEP firms, which consists of Cosentini Associates and Glumac in the US, and NDY in Australia, UK and Asia Pacific. This combined resource of around 2,500 like-minded people is unique, providing leading expertise in almost every building type.
Why Work For Us?
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
As a graduate engineer, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. You could be;
- Working on live projects from day one – click here to view our exciting projects
- In a variety of sectors from healthcare to hotels
- Producing detailed designs and drawings
- Using the latest computer modelling software CAD and Revit
- Undertaking site surveys
- Researching ground-breaking technologies
- Continuous CPD and learning opportunities
Communicating will span all of these, as we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
You will receive a dedicated mentor and supervisor and you will receive the best training to support you through your development with us.
What We Are Looking For
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IET, IMechE or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services, Architectural Engineering, Product Design, Mechatronics or similar with a real interest in spatial design and problem solving.
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in spatial design or analysis of mechanical systems is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application
We are unlikely to progress applications where sponsorship is required to obtain a Tier 2 (general) visa as we expect to be able to fill all our roles with candidates who have the right to work in place.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We're proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, and we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. If you have a disability that might affect your performance at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know about any help or reasonable adjustments as soon possible before any interview or assessment. We’ll work with you to make sure any appropriate support is in place.
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.