Graduate Property Services Engineer Bristol 2024
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Hoare Lea Property Services is a specialist group focusing on the post occupancy of buildings. The group provides technical advice to landlords, property agents and building managers about their engineering systems, how to comply with legislation and undertake forward planning and refurbishment.
We ensure that modifications and change of use to a building all respect the original design concepts. Our project coordination skills minimise disruption to the core business operations during refurbishment and plant replacement projects.
Hoare Lea has joined Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group, a global alliance of MEP firms, which consists of Cosentini Associates and Glumac in the US, and NDY in Australia, UK and Asia Pacific. This combined resource of around 2,500 like-minded people is unique, providing leading expertise in almost every building type.
Why work for us?
- You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
- You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
- You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
- As a graduate engineer, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work. You could produce detailed designs and drawings, use the latest computer modelling software, undertake site surveys, or research ground-breaking technologies. Communication is a constant feature of the role - we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
- As a graduate you will be an active fee-earning member of our team.
- You will work on projects across all sectors, and with all members of a project team, from client to contractors
- A combination of training, mentoring, supervision and commercial experience will help you gain the skills you need as your career develops. Supporting you towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- You will learn to understand and interpret our clients’ design requirements and to manage their building projects to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- You’ll get the chance to make a valued contribution in delivering our projects, allowing you to quickly gain a variety of experience.
- You will receive a dedicated mentor and supervisor and you will receive the best training to support you through your development with u
What we are looking for
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach, as no day is the same at Hoare Lea.
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IET, IMechE or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar. A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage.
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and to your own initiative.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
How to apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application.
We are unlikely to progress applications where sponsorship is required to obtain a Tier 2 (general) visa as we expect to be able to fill all our roles with candidates who have the right to work in place.
Equal opportunities statement
We're proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, and we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
If you have a disability that might affect your performance at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know about any help or reasonable adjustments as soon possible before any interview or assessment. We’ll work with you to make sure any appropriate support is in place.
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria