Measured Survey Summer Placement London 2024
We are now recruiting for students currently studying towards either a BSc or MSc in Geomatics or Land Surveying to join Hollis for a summer placement.
Candidates will join well-established and expert teams and the role will be to assist them in all aspects of Measurement Surveying.
We usually have openings in our London, Manchester, Birmingham and Dublin offices, applications will close on 31 December 2023, with interviews taking place in January 2024. To apply please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter as one document.
- Undertaking a full range of measured survey instructions, whether in a lead capacity or assisting on larger instructions
- Ensure that all projects meet the necessary Company standards, such as quality, data management and health and safety.
- Liaise with senior members of the team to advise the most appropriate technology and the most efficient way to deliver projects.
- Take responsibility for data, from its collection to final delivery, using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification
- Meet target KPIs on work in progress (WIP) management including Hours into WIP (HIW).
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
- Respect Company Values.
- Studying a degree or MSc in Geomatics or Land Surveying
- Excellent mathematical and technical skills.
- Knowledge of Leica instrumentation, processing software (LSS, Cyclone and Cloudworx) is desirable but not essential.
- Previous knowledge and experience of using MBS software (or similar on-site data capture software) is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Revit and use of scan data in a CAD environment is desirable but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Clean driving licence.
- Is passionate about surveying.
The ideal candidate will have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and be able to prioritise and multi-task. They will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy. They are required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure and importantly is passionate about Surveying. We welcome applicants with language skills and we would love to second people to go abroad or recruit nationals from Europe to do our UK training before relocating to one of the European offices.