Digital Aftersales Project Management Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly advancing and innovative area of the automotive business. Working closely alongside the Digital Aftersales Section Manager, and other members of the Digital Aftersales team, you will be responsible for supporting multiple European Digital programmes, projects, and activities.
In line with Honda’s business objectives and philosophy, you will contribute to delivering an improved experience for both our dealers and customers, throughout the lifecycle of our products.
The role will provide administrative and project support, developing over the course of the placement to lead programme implementation(s) and other project management activity.
- Complements any Business Management degree or similar.
- Have an essential role in new and ongoing regional projects, as well as making important contributions to our longer-term strategy.
- Implementing improvements that not only change the business, but improve our customers experience with Honda.
- Continuous interaction and collaboration with personnel from across Honda’s European branches.
- Work with a diverse, international workforce on a daily basis at our European headquarters, situated in Bracknell.
- Opportunity for European travel, visiting Honda’s European branches and/or suppliers.
- A constant commitment to your own personal development including regular, 1-to-1, development meetings with your line manager, as well as dedicated training in the Honda Philosophy and ways of working.
- Opportunity to present data, proposals, and recommendations to stakeholders of all levels including your peers, senior managers and EU or Japanese colleagues.
Project Management Support
- Provide project support to both new and ongoing digital aftersales projects such as the ongoing rollout of Honda’s Pan-European eVHC programme and the management of Digital Service Record. This includes activities such as preparing business case proposals, creating / updating project documents and reports, preparing progress reports and creating action plans.
- Support supplier selection activities and management of ongoing programmes.
- Continuous development actions – working with both Digital Aftersales colleagues and European branches to monitor and support ongoing activities.
- Working closely with in-house IT and external partners to deliver digital aftersales products and services for both dealers and customers.
- Involvement in initiatives and projects across the wider Customer Division department, taking an active role in delivering and developing an exceptional Customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Conducting collaborative research into new technologies and/or appropriate business trends and presenting findings to senior management.
Administration & Procedures
- Support the preparation of PowerPoint presentation and Excel reports where required
- Supporting the Digital Aftersales team in any other digital programme activity as required
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, undertaking a business related degree, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- High levels of personal motivation with a proactive approach to personal development.
- Clear and effective communicator who interacts in a sensitive and effective way both remotely and face-to-face.
- Respect towards others and strong teamwork ability.
- Someone who takes pride in their work, is both diligent and has demonstrable ability to deliver accurate work of a high standard.
- Can work to tight deadlines when required, with strong organisational skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing demands in the role.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work and be a trusted and professional ambassador for the Digital Aftersales team.
- Proficient all-round PC user – especially Microsoft Office – with ability to comfortably undertake analytical work in Excel with good numeracy skills.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.