European PR Communications Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
This role provides an opportunity to develop skills in the management and delivery of PR Communication plans for the Honda automobile division.
With a busy new car launch schedule over the coming years, this role will be supporting the team to generate positive public sentiment towards the Honda range through the European media. This will ultimately support the sales and profitability growth of the European automobile business.
The role also supports the Internal Communications activities for the region – regularly communicating business updates and key news items to over 4,000 European Associates.
- Support the European Content Manager in the development and translation of written assets, including press releases, press packs and presentations, to European media.
- Support the delivery of written materials (e.g. press releases, press kits) to media contacts through the hondanews.eu media website.
- Support the publishing of all images and film to media website.
- Support with leading ‘central publishing’ function, minimising the need for Honda branches to publish translated material to their local media websites.
- Act as point of contact for web development agency for any developments to website, and escalate actions to manager (https://hondanews.eu/eu/en).
- Working with Section Managers to ensure adherence to set budgets.
- Provide support to wider team on key PR events, including international motor shows, press drives and other key activities.
- Support the delivery of regular internal communications updates to all Associates across the European region.
- Support with the creation and delivery of Challenge Magazine – the quarterly internal communications magazine.
- Manage the Honda Motor Europe Twitter and Instagram channels.
- Assist with briefing agencies on new projects and work requirements.
- Point of contact for PR Managers across Europe to answer any queries or requests related to the content we deliver and escalate actions to manager as necessary.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, undertaking a related degree, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- The ability to manage several different projects/activities taking place at one time.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Excel and comfortable with working with numbers.
- Proficient in PowerPoint.
- High attention to detail with strong proof ready skills.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit – keen to be involved in the development of new activities.
- A passion for giving the best service to internal customers.
- Comfortable dealing with and building relationships with PR Managers at a number of different levels of expertise.
- Knowledge of the changing use of digital and social media – bring ideas from new areas to improve activities.
- Comfortable with international travel (across European region).
- Problem solving skills – able to adapt quickly when faced with issues and act promptly to solve problems that may arise.
- Experienced in social media management (Instagram, Twitter or a personal blog).
- Comfortable with website management using a website management system (technical skills are not essential).
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.