Events & PR Executive Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
Supporting the PR & Events Team in the development and delivery of the Honda Motor Europe UK (HME-UK) Events & PR Programme which consists of both brand and product activity to Prospects, Dealers, Media and Associates with the commercial objective of maximising profitable volume.
This role will support our brand development and volume delivery across seven separate Honda businesses; Automotive, Lawn and Garden, Marine, ATV, Industrial and Aftersales.
- Supporting the team in the build up with press launches and events, including activations at Twickenham (England Rugby).
- Onsite support at events.
- Media monitoring and evaluation.
- Managing press fleet bookings when the press fleet manager is out of office.
- Supporting the PR Managers with press releases and imagery upload.
- Checking and updating press website/press material/media lists.
- Raising purchase orders and responsible for updating our internal log for all spend across all divisions.
- Attendee management.
- Venue searching for smaller events.
- Supplier management with the support of your team.
- Managing the team’s central asset list and ensuring it is up to date.
- Presentation creation, updates and reporting.
- Team admin and meeting coordination.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Undergraduate looking for a placement as part of their studies, with an interest in Event Management and or /Public Relations.
- Openness to flexible working as this role will require weekend working and nationwide travel to support with events.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple diverse tasks at once in a very busy role.
- Excellent people skills & action orientated.
- An individual who exudes natural enthusiasm for brand and the value it can bring to the consumer.
- Previous event management or PR experience.
- Work experience within a customer facing role.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.