PMO and Budget Management Support Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
Honda is embracing digital technology to transform the way we do business across all of our product lines. From online selling and connected vehicles to implementing the latest technology in our back-office operations, we need to ensure that business agility is supported by a robust governance framework, protecting Honda’s investment and facilitating transparent decision making.
This role will involve working within the Governance and Compliance team, responsible for the governance of IT projects and operational activities. The team ensures that Honda's resources are allocated to the correct projects and IT services and provides visibility of IT services to management. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a team that helps to ensure the success of Honda's IT projects and services and provides insight into Honda’s entire European IT operations.
- Work as part of the PMO team to perform various tasks, including managing timely and accurate project data for monthly IT Committee meetings (consolidate project data and do required analysis for reporting).
- Review project estimates and financial forecasts.
- Communicate with business and IS concerning project budget and benefit submissions.
- Submit project budgets into Honda’s budgeting system.
- Administer and maintain project management software and tools.
- Create an overview of project recharge items for the project leaders.
- Liaise with our Legal team concerning contracts and ensure that all contracts are maintained in our Contracts Management System.
- Provide general administrative support, such as arranging meetings and creating documentation through notetaking and meeting minutes.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, studying a Business or IT-based degree, looking for a placement in their third year of study.
- Someone who is well-organised, motivated to learn and able to work on their initiative.
- Ability to work efficiently on a wide variety of projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Organised and able to manage own time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic, Can-Do approach.
- Confident interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (written and verbal) with a diverse group of individuals at all levels.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Confident to work with large amounts of data/information as part of analytical work.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.