Reporting & Management Information Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
HFE is the captive finance company for Honda UK and operate to support the retail sales for cars, motorcycles and ATVs through finance, as well as provide wholesale facilities for the Honda dealer network. HFE are regulated by the Financial Conduction Authority (FCA).
The Reporting and Management Information [MI] Undergraduate role will be to support and help develop HFE’s reporting and analytics requirements in an environment where the FCA has put more emphasis on customer and finance product sales data – this will be an exciting project to be part of.
The role will report to and be supported by the HFE Marketing & European Partnerships Department Manager, who is part of the HFE Sales & Marketing department.
This role will be suitable for an individual who would like the experience of working within Honda’s captive finance business, gaining experience of reporting and data analytics across all HFE’s business areas from Sales & Marketing, Credit & Finance, Retail Operations, Business Solutions and Compliance.
HFE will require a pro-active, self-motivated and flexible individual who will be able to assist all HFE departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for the appointed individual to develop their skills and to contribute to a dynamic and ambitious captive motor finance business.
- Supporting the delivery of reporting and data analytics tools for the HFE Senior Management Group (SMG) to utilise within the HFE business operations.
- Work with HFE Departments to understand reporting requirements and contribute to the development and production of ad hoc reporting as required.
- Using all reporting tools available to support HFE decision making.
- Recommend insights from real-life reporting to add value to HFE business decisions.
- Produce the Sales and Marketing monthly report.
- Become a super user for MicroStrategy (HFE’s preferred reporting tool) and provide user support for the Sales & Marketing team.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, undertaking a data and/or business analytics related degree, looking for placement as part of their degree.
- Strong IT skills and proficient use of Excel, Word, Power Point and Data Tools [e.g. MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau].
- Analytical mind with the ability to see end to end process.
- Ability to work with and interpret significant amounts of data and explain anomalies.
- Highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work across various business departments and teams.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.