Technology Consulting Placement Reading 2024
Are you a technical-minded student with a passion for technology and are interested in business, IT and solving problems? If so, our Technology Consulting Internship is an exciting opportunity for you to work with our Enterprise Sales Division, managing and maintaining our Innovation Centre for printing and personal devices.
You’ll get the chance to fuse your technical brain with exciting business and marketing challenges and have significant training across numerous platforms to help you become a HP product expert! Whether you’re helping the marketing team put together customer events, collaborating with the category managers on product management decisions, or even demonstrating the latest products to our customers, it is an exciting opportunity to gain a wide wealth of experience across the world of business. With a focus on development, you’ll learn how to engage with customers, organize events and other important skills within sales, marketing and support functions all whilst learning within a dynamic, competitive industry.
Please note, this is a placement year opportunity which will take place for 13 months, from July 1st 2024 until July 31st, 2025.
What are some of the main responsibilities?
- Liaise with customers to ensure all devices and software are running and functional and working with a larger team to solve any problems.
- Provide technical demonstrations of hardware and software to customers, gaining feedback from customers on the opportunities to improve measures of success.
- Collaborate with other HP teams on solving problems behind any technical issues and supporting with any troubleshooting.
- Plan customer events and ensure that they run smoothly on the day.
- Manage the logistics behind delivery and installation of new equipment and providing top customer service.
What skills do you have as to be successful in this role?
- Understanding of operating systems and networking is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including confident in presenting to customers.
- Resilience to adapt to any situation that may arise and “jump in” to help.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to work both independently and within teams.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Throughout the programme, your manager will take vested interest in your development and dedicate time to set clear goals and provide you feedback along the entire internship. You'll have access to 10,000+ learning nuggets to sharpen your business acumen and professional skills.
Beyond that, you will train, practice and have fun, alongside your intern peers, HP best professionals, learning also from senior managers that can help you take your career forward. Internal global competitions and games will expand your international network and cross-cultural experience.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!