Geo Consultant Industrial Placement Bristol 2024
We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified graduate student to join our Geo-Environmental team in our Bristol office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work and where you will find support from a wealth of geotechnical and geo-environmental talent.
Geo is one of our core disciplines at Hydrock. It is where we came from (both the CEO and MD have a ‘Geo background’) and it accounts for around 30% of our business today.
- Working as part of an experienced team to design and deliver geo-environmental consultancy support to a range of clients including property developers, agents, planners, commercial and residential developers
- Assisting in the design and management of geo-environmental and/or geotechnical assignments including desk studies, ground investigations (factual and interpretative), human health, groundwater and gas risk assessments and preparation of Remediation Method Statements
- Involvement with both site-based fieldwork as well as office-based reporting
What you'll need
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Be part-way through a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- A desire to learn from experienced geotechnical and geo-environmental talent
- An eagerness to learn about soil logging
- A strong interest in learning how to use AutoCAD
- Strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to work as part of a team self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm, positivity, can-do – see our values!
What we can offer you
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)