Mechanical Engineer Industrial Placement London 2024
We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified Mechanical Engineer to join our MEP team in our London office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work, receiving support from our Chartered Engineers.
We are looking for students from a Mechanical Engineering background to join an award winning MEP team delivering sustainable projects for our community, planet and society.
As a team which specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services, we offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers.
- Using Revit and 3D BIM modelling software in design production
- Design co-ordination with other professional disciplines
- Developing energy modelling & compliance calculation of building performance (Part L / IES)
- Energy Strategy Reports / Sustainability Statements for planning applications
- Participating in design team and client meetings
- Attending site visits
What you'll need
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Be part-way through a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- To be driven, hardworking, productive and determined
- To be willing and eager to learn new skills
- To possess strong IT competencies, an ability to problem solve, and find solutions to the challenges new software packages bring
- To have excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
What we can offer you
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)