FPGA Hardware Design Engineer Industrial Placement Swindon 2024
The Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is looking for talented, highly motivated university students to develop FPGA solutions in a variety of domains, such as next-generation video, imaging and vision systems, robotics and Internet of Things applications, and cloud acceleration.
As an FPGA design engineer, you will be responsible for applying mathematical, software and design engineering skills to design and develop IPs and solutions as part of a system engineering team in the Intel PSG Europe HQ, located in Marlow and Basingstoke.
You will work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, who will support your daily development and knowledge growth. You will learn an Agile engineering development approach, frequently delivering high-quality solutions to customers and communicating with your team daily to build innovative and creative products. Your opinions and thoughts are valued from day one.
Key responsibilities depending on project roles:
- Full development lifecycle of IPs and systems from conception, through specification to implementation, verification, review and release.
- Development of SoC (CPU+FPGA) based system designs to demonstrate next-generation video and analytics concepts
- Creation and modeling of new architectures
- FPGA-based Board Support Package development and optimization
- Interactions with local and remote teams as well as customers.
About the internship
This is a 13-month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a sandwich degree course in a relevant discipline and is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree or enrolled in Master’s Integrated Course which includes a year in industry (or equivalent).
We ask that all applicants are current university students and will remain students during the whole internship. Candidates must be based in the UK upon the start date of this internship, and for its entire duration.
We are unable to support remote working from outside the UK.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome applications from candidates with skills in one or several of these areas:
- Strong digital design skills (FPGA or ASIC), using Verilog/VHDL and related design flows
- Good software skills (C/C++)
- Scripting knowledge (e.g. Python)
- Thirst for learning and good self-starter
- Loves working as part of a team, with great communication skills
What do we offer?
- A collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best.
- Competitive pay and benefits - quarterly pay bonuses, annual pay bonus, hiring and finishing bonus, medical and life insurance and many more.
- Diverse and inclusive environment (read more about it here)and a dedicated intern's community to help you get started in your new job.
- Being a part of a socially and ecologically responsible company(read more about it here).
- Dedicated training for you during your first weeks at the company to make your transition into work easier and a personal buddy to help you build your network, answer any questions and integrate you into your position.
- Opportunities for professional development – wide library of online trainings and learning platforms, support and guidance from your team and manager, and different assignment programs.
- The possibility to build a lifelong career at Intel.