Industrial Placement Pensions Administration Belfast 2024
Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy to over 1000 clients, from third-party administration through to actuarial expertise, investment advice and advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for their employees. Isio launched in March 2020 out of KPMG UK’s pensions practice and has grown to over 1000 people working across 10 offices throughout the UK.
Careers at Isio
We’re a people first business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your career goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
We are keen to support those starting their career at Isio with building a strong foundation for success - Isio will provide a great experience working alongside experienced professionals. You will have the opportunity to help fulfil our purpose of creating better outcomes for our clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people.
Isio is growing at a fast and exciting pace. Starting your career at Isio will be a great balance of working with experts in their field within an innovative organisation that is looking to drive positive and innovative change in its sector.
Graduates at Isio have acknowledged their positive experience, as shown by our ranking as the Top Employer for Graduates to work for in Consulting according to the Job Crowd 2023 rankings.
Programme: Pensions Administration, Belfast – Industrial Placement – 2024/25
Length of programme: 12 months: 3 July 2024 – 20 June 2025
To apply for this role, you need to be:
- attending university for your final year of study in September 2025;
- available for full time work from 3 July 2024 to 20 June 2025; and
- on track to achieve a 2.1 in your university degree (we are open to applications from those studying any subject).
Working as a Pensions Administrator at Isio
Pension schemes are part of the backbone of the UK savings industry – relied on by millions of people to provide a reliable and secure income in retirement.
Isio’s third-party pensions administration team is founded on excellence. We support our clients in providing the best possible experience for their employees and pension scheme members. We use powerful proprietary technology and our experienced teams to manage the operation of pension schemes effectively.
Pensions Administration is a key growth area for Isio and this industrial placement programme offers the opportunity to get more insight and build valuable experience of both technical pensions knowledge and effective workplace skills.
From day one you will be part of our support team that provides a first-class customer service to pension scheme members.
You will be involved in providing the administration services to a portfolio of pension scheme clients that range in size.
You will be trained how to manage all day-to-day activities across your allocated client portfolio as well as helping to deliver reports and ad-hoc projects.
Success in the placement may well lead to an offer to start a career in Pensions Administration after you complete university without needing to apply.
What you will be doing
During your placement you will get the opportunity to develop analytical and problem-solving skills whilst working as part of a team. You will get to be involved with the work that we do for our clients including:
- Calculating individual member benefits.
- Drafting communications.
- Prioritising work to ensure delivery in accordance with client Service Level Agreements.
- Processing member and scheme events within targets ensuring compliance with internal standards and scheme and legislative rules.
- Sensitively and accurately assisting members with their queries to ensure we deliver a first-class service.
- Preparing cashflows and disinvestment requests to meet upcoming payments due from the scheme bank accounts.
- Participating in administration specific reports and projects.
What we are looking for in Industrial Placement students in our Pensions Administration team
As a people first business personal attributes are just as important as academic qualifications. So, there’s a few things we’re looking for from our placement students including:
- Enthusiastic team players who are willing to learn and grow.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including empathetic listening.
- The ability to maintain a good level of self-discipline and time management.
- Effective numerical ability.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A passion and energy to help us exceed our clients’ expectations and deliver against tight deadlines.
We will also be looking to see how applicants align to our core beliefs:
- Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients and each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
- Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients and society.
- Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
- People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise, and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.