FP&A Analyst ITV Studios 2024
Shaping culture is in the DNA of ITV. So, it’s not surprising that you’ll find us in every home in the UK, our productions are famous all over the world and we’re at the forefront of the digital streaming revolution.
When you join us, you enter a fun working environment. With opportunities to learn, to grow and make a real difference. Small enough that your impact’s felt in the business, but big enough that your impact reaches millions of people.
Come develop your skills, change TV and the course of your career. Don’t just watch it. Be part of it. Join ITV.
Your impact sends ripples.
It’s all lights, camera, action here at ITV Studios. As a world-class creator, producer and distributor we put on quite a show. Our content offering is award winning, it’s record-breaking and it’s vast with big name brands like The Voice, Love Island, Line of Duty, Queer Eye, Schitt’s Creek and many more.
We’re global and local, producing in 13 countries including the UK, US, France, Israel and Australia and we aren’t standing still. We are operating in a growth market and have ambitious plans to grow and diversify. In ITV Studios Finance we are passionate and proud of the role we play in the creative and financial success of the business. Here we are small enough that your impact’s felt in the business, but big enough that your impact reaches millions of people.
We have a new opportunity within our ITV Studios UK production division for an Interim FP&A Analyst, to join on a fixed-term contract in either London or Manchester supporting our Studios UK FP&A team.
Reporting to the ITV Studios UK Head of FP&A and working closely with the FP&A Analyst, your key focus will be supporting the ITV Studios UK FP&A team to provide financial & operational reporting for the division as a whole, collating and analysing submissions from 26 UK production labels and support areas. Responsibilities will cover the divisional month-end reporting, forecasting and budgeting cycles, understanding actuals and variances to budget or previous forecasts, ad hoc data analysis to support management team decision-making, and interim/year-end reporting and audit support to comply with our ITV plc reporting requirements.
The role works closely with the finance contacts in each of our production labels to gather all the required information in time for any relevant reporting deadlines and also is a primary point of contact for any queries on reporting requirements and systems.
- Manage & circulate template packs and timetables to Studios UK labels to co-ordinate TB, P&L & programme database submissions for monthly reporting, forecast and budget and interim/year-end reporting
- Routine checks to uphold the required standards in financial and operational data integrity
- Liaise with label finance teams to understand deviations from budget to the latest forecast, or year-on-year movements
- Preparation of support for the monthly ITVS submissions and Studios UK Management reporting pack, providing analysis to inform commentary
- Assist with collation and preparation of analysis and statutory disclosures at half year and year-end for Investor Relations, Group Finance, and external auditors
- Build good working relationships and act as an ITV finance point of contact with label finance teams for FP&A activities and system queries
- Support the Studios UK FP&A team to prepare and provide ad hoc information, analysis, and insights to business stakeholders to support financial, operational, and strategic decisions
- Prepare routine reporting for Studios UK support business areas, to assist budget holders with managing their budgets
- Update standard operating procedures as required
- Implement new reporting requirements and any improvements or changes as self-identified, or as required by key Finance stakeholders
Skills you’ll need (minimum criteria)
- Ideally a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), but would consider applications from an individual qualified by relevant industry experience to deliver the responsibilities outlined above
- Prior experience of data analysis and FP&A activity, and familiarity with IFRS accounting concepts
- The ability to gather, compile, and evaluate data from multiple sources to review accuracy and provide business insights within tight timescales. Being proactive in reviewing and querying any unexpected variances directly with the relevant Finance contact in a timely manner is essential.
- Proficient in the use of accounting systems and reporting tools. Prior experience with Oracle EPBCS for planning and reporting, and Oracle Fusion for transactional reporting, is desirable
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create and use advanced formulae; ability to update presentations in PowerPoint/Google Slides.
Other things we’re looking for (key criteria)
- Strong communication and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workloads and adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to be able to work in the detail, but be able to move away from the detail to articulate ‘the story’ to senior stakeholders at a summarised level
- Ability and confidence to communicate with & influence stakeholders of varying seniority to obtain and analyse the required information
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the business, in varying locations, to develop a strong supportive network
- Prior experience, or knowledge of, production businesses an advantage
ITV is for everyone
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people. As a Disability Confident Leader, if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee to take you to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application and selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments. Drop us a line if you require anything at email@example.com.
*There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
Because those who make an impact deserve to be rewarded for it.
ITV offers some great rewards and benefits including:
- Flexible working with a range of options
- Generous holiday allowance, plus you can buy more
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Competitive pension contribution
- Save as you earn - with an opportunity to buy ITV shares
- Wellbeing and volunteering days plus a wide range of opportunities to help you live a balanced and healthy life