Mammoth Screen Trainee Script Editor
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area
Led by Damien Timmer, renowned scripted production label Mammoth Screen specializes in creating high quality, writer-led drama for a global audience, with critically acclaimed hits such as The Serpent, Noughts and Crosses, World on Fire, War of the Worlds, Pale Horse, MacDonald and Dodds and Endeavour. Recipients of a host of prestigious accolades including Golden Nymph, BAFTA, Emmy and National Television Awards, Mammoth Screen delivers some of the most loved drama across the globe.
The ITV Production Training scheme is a 12 month fully paid programme for new entrants to TV. The aim is to home grow exceptional talent and give the training needed to kickstart a long and successful career in TV.
There will be placements with 11 ITV Production Companies both scripted and non scripted based across the UK. The Programme aims to attract candidates from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the industry, including those from a lower socio economic background, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and disabled people. We also welcome applicants who have some life experience, be that college, university, a few years of working already under their belt, with the maturity to make the most of this opportunity, and this opportunity is also open to those to whom the apprenticeships are closed (eg University graduates and anyone who has already done a media related qualification).
- Prepare all aspects of scripts for the Pre Production of the programme.
- Receive all script versions from the writers and process these using relevant software and ensuring consistent formatting. Training will be given.
- Work alongside the Script Editors to issue amendments to the cast and crew for blocks that are in production.
- Input of script amendments into relevant software and assist with the publishing of timed shooting scripts.
- Ensure that scripts are sent to print on time and are effectively distributed to all relevant individuals.
- Assist with the timing of draft scripts as and when required to do so.
- Assist with reading scripts for Compliance and Negative Checking issues and with reading the Shooting Scripts for continuity issues, highlighting any inconsistencies.
- Provide administration to the script system including creating projects and user accounts, allocating permissions, and updating and maintaining the database.
- Provide cover for the team during absence and provide support for Pre Production teams as required.
- Have an eclectic, broad, precocious and popularist yet insightful, taste in television.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Proven passion for a career as a Script Editor
- Experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience coordinating projects.
- Experience in a role where you’ve worked in isolation and had to use your own initiative.
- Knowledge of Google Drive- docs, slides, sheets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for storytelling with editorial flair and taste.
- You will have good literary skills, and a hunger to learn the craft of script editing.