Registered Veterinary Nurse Brantham 2024
Highcliff Vets are looking for a dedicated registered veterinary nurse to join their team. You will carry out general nursing duties including clinics, anaesthesia and patient care. You won’t cover any reception work as we like to focus on the special interests of our clinical staff, giving you dedicated time to develop.
We are passionate about ensuring the well-being of our staff and offer a flexible working pattern giving you excellent work/life balance. Typical hours are 40 hours per week across 5 days and 1:3 Saturday mornings. Best of all? No out-of-hours!
Get to Know Us
We are a long established, first opinion small animal practice dedicated to providing the very best care to our patients and their owners. We work in air-conditioned, purpose built premises and have first class facilities and all the usual equipment (listed in email below if you think good to include) to enable us to deliver that care. We are also able to offer a genuinely close-knit and friendly team. Our OOH Care is provided by Vets Now. Situated on the Stour Estuary we are in the heart of beautiful Constable Country but very close to Manningtree Station with easy access to London. Manningtree, thought to be the smallest town in England, punches above its weight with all the amenities you'd expect and a thriving food scene, the larger towns of Colchester and Ipswich are not far away.
Our Talented Team
The successful applicant would join a welcoming team comprising 6 other RVNs and 1 SVN who share the variety of nursing duties equally, though there is scope for individuals to develop their own area of interest. Nurses are encouraged to make use of their skills.
The Perfect Fit
All levels of experience considered. RVN qualification required. Must be a good team player and passionate about high clinical standards and first-class patient care and a good communicator. The candidate will need to be able to work well as a part of the team and we would welcome either an experienced nurse or someone at an earlier stage of their carer.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
If you’ve got this far, thank you for your interest! To be part of our exceptional team or discuss any of our clinical vacancies please contact Taylor Findlay, Talent Partner for a confidential chat on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07977 243 724.