Registered Veterinary Nurse Plymouth 2024
An exciting opportunity has become available for an RVN to join Plymouth Veterinary Group! Day to day duties can include nurse consultations, monitoring of anaesthetics, recovering surgical patients, medicating patients, assisting consulting vets and providing exceptional client care.
Working various shifts either at the Hospital or one of our branch surgeries with some weekend commitment required. Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that fits with your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Salary offered up to £29,000 per annum DOE.
Plymouth Veterinary Group is a companion animal multi-site practice with a flagship Hospital and 4 branch surgeries serving all areas of Plymouth. The Hospital is 24/7 365 days per year providing an out of hours service for other feeder practices within the area.
The Practice is well equipped with digital Xray, Ultrasound, Endoscopy, Laparoscopy and other diagnostic equipment enabling most first opinion cases to be treated in house as well as accepting referrals for exotics.
About the ream and culture
The team is made up of 15 vets and 28 Nurses covering 5 sites 24/7 many of which are certificate holders alongside a large support team of receptionists, administrators and veterinary care assistants. The Practice prides itself on being a training practice for both Student Nurses and New Graduate Vets and fosters a learning culture to support further development for all staff.
RVN with experience working in a busy Practice or looking to move into a Hospital environment in order to develop their skills further. You will be a team player, have good communication skills and have a passion for caring for companion animals. We are also open to assisting those who are working towards their RVN qualification in their final year.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.