Small Animal Graduate Veterinary Surgeon Carnforth 2024
Shape your journey!
No matter where your passion in veterinary medicine lies, the IVC Evidensia Graduate Academy programme offers a comprehensive and tailored learning experience to support you in achieving your potential. Are you a recent or soon-to-be veterinary graduate looking to embark on a successful and fulfilling career in veterinary medicine?
Shape your journey to veterinary excellence with our Graduate Academy programme. Unlock your potential through practical and online CPD courses and development opportunities. Feel empowered with mentor and well-being support, alongside a host of benefits and rewards. Find support and inspiration, with our global network of peers and professionals ready and waiting to welcome you.
Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
Unlock your passions at Burch Tree Vets
Our location is in a picturesque area of Northwest England, just south of the stunning Lake District. Neighbouring Morecambe has mesmerising sunsets, dog-friendly beaches, and views across the bay to the Lakeland fells. We are a 2-site practice, one in Carnforth and the other in Morecambe. We are a progressive practice, always looking at quality improvement and ways to provide our patients with the best experience. Our team has a wealth of experience and are very supportive.
Our practice facilities include digital radiography, dental radiography, ultrasound, endoscope, HDO BP & Laser Therapy. We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do.
Step into a supportive start
Your normal hours average 40 hours per week, inclusive of weekend work. Usual weeks are a mix of early finishes and late starts, with occasional shifts at our branch surgery in Morecambe.
Our out of hours is out-sourced to Vets Now locally, so no unexpected call outs. We still look after and care for any hospitalised patients and this will be on a rota basis with the Vet team.
We take great pride in our team approach to support and nurture new talent. We have been a long-standing training practice for Veterinary Nurses and more recently for our new Vets with the IVC graduate academy. We have very little staff turnover, most of the team have trained and stayed within the practice.
We Are IVC Evidensia
We are committed to supporting you in shaping your journey to reach your potential, whatever your career aims. That’s why, our graduate academy programme has been developed to offer you:
- Comprehensive learning
- Take your career to the next level with our comprehensive blended learning programme, with a choice of streams to fit your career dreams.
- Global Network
- Build lifelong connections with our global community of veterinary professionals, and the opportunity to work at locations across our network as your career progresses.
- CPD and development
- Unlock your passions with exciting CPD and development opportunities, including access to apply for the IVC Evidensia Research Fund.
- Gain invaluable experience and support from a dedicated mentor who cares about your progression.
- Feel empowered with our wellbeing support offering.
Discover a host of benefits and rewards, including a competitive salary starting from £34k. A rewarding career – it’s yours for the taking. We offer excellent employee benefits, as we believe that our people do their best work when they feel comfortable, nurtured, and valued:
- Year 1 salary from £34,000 increasing to year 2
- No financial tie-in
- 5 weeks holiday every year, not including bank holidays, plus 1 day birthday leave
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health and wellbeing – you’ll get free eye tests and discounted gym membership.
- ‘Pawsome’ benefits and rewards scheme, plus a great discount on pet care
- Employee assistance programme - we all have times in our life when we need a little extra support, which is why we offer a comprehensive employee assistance programme, including access to support.
- Professional memberships – we cover the cost of your RCVS renewal fees and other memberships.
We know how committed you’ve been throughout your studies now let us help you create the perfect launch pad to a bright career. Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.