Small Animal Graduate Veterinary Surgeon Dungiven 2024
Shape your journey!
No matter where your passion in veterinary medicine lies, the IVC Evidensia Graduate Academy programme offers a comprehensive and tailored learning experience to support you in achieving your potential. Are you a recent or soon-to-be veterinary graduate looking to embark on a successful and fulfilling career in veterinary medicine?
Shape your journey to veterinary excellence with our Graduate Academy programme. Unlock your potential through practical and online CPD courses and development opportunities. Feel empowered with mentor and well-being support, alongside a host of benefits and rewards. Find support and inspiration, with our global network of peers and professionals ready and waiting to welcome you.
Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
Unlock your passions at Glenthorne Vets
We have two sites set in rural Staffordshire on the edge of the peak district, in the heart of the Midlands. Great links to the rest of the country, allowing easy and quick links to the major cities in all parts of the UK, and 2 airports within an hours travel.
The delights of the Peak district are on our doorstep so you can spend time unwinding in the beautiful countryside. Many of our staff enjoy walking, horse riding, canoeing and biking in these areas. We are also within an hour of the cities of Birmingham, Derby and Nottingham.
Glenthorne Vets is a great place to work, because we are all striving toward the common goal to offer excellence in Veterinary care, and we believe that this starts with being an excellent place to work, if we are happy, our clients are happy. We have an experienced team of 6FTE Small Animal Vets, 5FTE Large Animal Vets, 2FTE Mixed Animal Vets and 8FTE Nurses who are all able to support our new graduates.
We have regular Clinical Case Review and Clinical Clubs - scheduled in advance in the diary within work time as well as individualised and supported clinical development plans. We also have a lot of community involvement such as visiting local schools, local events and we work closely with our local rehoming shelters.
Practice facilities include digital x-rays, ultrasound, dental x-rays and an in house Lab. We also have Advanced Practitioners in SA Surgery, offering TPLO and advanced surgical procedures, a Medicine Certificate due for completion this year and other members studying towards Advanced practitioner status.
Step into a supportive start
Your normal hours of work are 40 hours per week, 4 days a week. Due to the particular needs of the business we need to operate a rota system, therefore there are no normal times of work applicable to you and your daily hours, start and finish times will vary from time to time on a rota system. You are required to participate in a weekend rota and out of hours rota.
We have a close-knit, friendly and supportive team and will all play a part in the development of our Graduates. Graduates will be designated a mentor with protected time for mentoring discussions. All of our Vets have clinical development plans, which are reviewed on a 3 monthly basis, or sooner if deemed appropriate.
We understand that being a graduate can be scary and daunting and we are committed to developing the wide range of skills required as a Veterinary Surgeon: Clinical competencies, communication skills dealing with clients and other team members, financial understanding, leadership skills and team skills. We want out Graduates to be happy and to feel supported and to be able to speak confidently as a valued member of the team.
We Are IVC Evidensia
We are committed to supporting you in shaping your journey to reach your potential, whatever your career aims. That’s why, our graduate academy programme has been developed to offer you:
- Comprehensive learning
- Take your career to the next level with our comprehensive blended learning programme, with a choice of streams to fit your career dreams.
- Global Network
- Build lifelong connections with our global community of veterinary professionals, and the opportunity to work at locations across our network as your career progresses.
- CPD and development
- Unlock your passions with exciting CPD and development opportunities, including access to apply for the IVC Evidensia Research Fund.
- Gain invaluable experience and support from a dedicated mentor who cares about your progression.
- Feel empowered with our wellbeing support offering.
Discover a host of benefits and rewards, including a competitive salary starting from £34k. A rewarding career – it’s yours for the taking. We offer excellent employee benefits, as we believe that our people do their best work when they feel comfortable, nurtured, and valued:
- Year 1 salary from £34,000 increasing to year 2
- No financial tie-in
- 5 weeks holiday every year, not including bank holidays, plus 1 day birthday leave
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health and wellbeing – you’ll get free eye tests and discounted gym membership.
- ‘Pawsome’ benefits and rewards scheme, plus a great discount on pet care
- Employee assistance programme - we all have times in our life when we need a little extra support, which is why we offer a comprehensive employee assistance programme, including access to support.
- Professional memberships – we cover the cost of your RCVS renewal fees and other memberships.
We know how committed you’ve been throughout your studies now let us help you create the perfect launch pad to a bright career. Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.