Small Animal Graduate Veterinary Surgeon Hull 2024
Shape your journey!
No matter where your passion in veterinary medicine lies, the IVC Evidensia Graduate Academy programme offers a comprehensive and tailored learning experience to support you in achieving your potential. Are you a recent or soon-to-be veterinary graduate looking to embark on a successful and fulfilling career in veterinary medicine?
Shape your journey to veterinary excellence with our Graduate Academy programme. Unlock your potential through practical and online CPD courses and development opportunities. Feel empowered with mentor and well-being support, alongside a host of benefits and rewards. Find support and inspiration, with our global network of peers and professionals ready and waiting to welcome you.
Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
Unlock your passions at Kingston Veterinary Group
Kingston Vets have invested heavily in staff training and their facilities to ensure they are offering the highest standards of care. The Park Street hospital has been recently extended to create additional theatre space, now comprising separate laparoscopic, orthopaedic and soft tissue theatres, as well as diagnostic suite.
The group have a fantastic and hardworking team of 20 committed Veterinary Surgeons, 20 dedicated RVN's and a friendly, enthusiastic, support team. Our experienced team includes certificate holders in Medicine and Imaging, with pending certificates in Dentistry, Surgery and Medicine.
Equipment available includes colour doppler ultrasound, Endoscopy suite with multiple scopes available. Laparoscopy, digital radiography, CT and MRI are all available on-site. Full lab equipment including lactate, ionised calcium, coags, as well as slit lamp and tonopen.
We regularly perform TPLO surgery, advanced fracture repair and advanced soft tissue surgery, and have all the necessary surgical equipment needed.
Our dedicated dental branch houses two complete dental suites and performs all the dentistry for the practice.
Our branch surgeries are all sited strategically from the Park Street Hospital where we can provide a high level of hospitalisation facilities. Each branch has an experienced branch Head Nurse and motivated team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and receptionists.
We aim to offer consistency and high standards of client care to ensure that we can offer a high-quality service. Staff welfare and job satisfaction is prioritised at Kingston Vet Group. All veterinary surgeons have free unlimited access to Vet CT telemedicine, a service allowing access to clinical advice from a specialist team. The branch surgeries do participate in local events and are integral to the local community.
Step into a supportive start
Your normal hours of work are 40 hours per week, 4 days a week. Due to the particular needs of the business we need to operate a rota system, therefore there are no normal times of work applicable to you and your daily hours, start and finish times will vary from time to time on a rota system. You are required to participate in a weekend rota and out of hours rota.
The graduate will be supported by a mentor, along with a very supportive team of directors.
We are IVC Evidensia
We are committed to supporting you in shaping your journey to reach your potential, whatever your career aims. That’s why, our graduate academy programme has been developed to offer you:
- Comprehensive learning
- Take your career to the next level with our comprehensive blended learning programme, with a choice of streams to fit your career dreams.
- Global Network
- Build lifelong connections with our global community of veterinary professionals, and the opportunity to work at locations across our network as your career progresses.
- CPD and development
- Unlock your passions with exciting CPD and development opportunities, including access to apply for the IVC Evidensia Research Fund.
- Gain invaluable experience and support from a dedicated mentor who cares about your progression.
- Feel empowered with our wellbeing support offering.
Discover a host of benefits and rewards, including a competitive salary starting from £34k. A rewarding career – it’s yours for the taking. We offer excellent employee benefits, as we believe that our people do their best work when they feel comfortable, nurtured, and valued:
- Year 1 salary from £34,000 increasing to year 2
- No financial tie-in
- 6.6 weeks holiday every year, including bank holidays, plus 1 day birthday leave
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health and wellbeing – you’ll get free eye tests and discounted gym membership.
- ‘Pawsome’ benefits and rewards scheme, plus a great discount on pet care
- Employee assistance programme - we all have times in our life when we need a little extra support, which is why we offer a comprehensive employee assistance programme, including access to support.
- Professional memberships – we cover the cost of your RCVS renewal fees and other memberships.
We know how committed you’ve been throughout your studies now let us help you create the perfect launch pad to a bright career. Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.