Small Animal Surgery Internship Glasgow 2024
At Vets Now, we lead the way in Emergency and Critical Care across Europe and also offer European Board of Veterinary Specialisation Residency Programmes in Surgery.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our Surgery Internship Programme, offered at our multi-disciplinary referral hospital in Glasgow. We're excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Surgery Internship Programme.
About the opportunity
To thrive in our dynamic learning environment, we seek interns committed to learning and development, working in a collegial environment, emphasising client and patient care.
Proactive engagement in training, participation in seminars, journal clubs and local teaching opportunities is essential. Interns will actively contribute to research projects and work closely with clinical mentors.
- Participate in planning, diagnosis and treatment of cases.
- Consider animal welfare and ethics in interventions.
- Maintain high clinical standards and accurate records.
- Engage in positive, informative and inclusive case discussions.
What we expect
- Open engagement in case discussions with senior clinicians, residents and the nursing team.
- The ability to prioritise and stay calm in challenging situations.
- Maintaining impeccable clinical records and written correspondence.
- Strong communication skills.
- Compassion, reliability and professionalism.
- To uphold and align with the Vets Now values.
Your journey starts here
Are you ready for an extraordinary internship experience? To apply, candidates must posses a recognised Veterinary Degree, and be or have eligibility to be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Applicants must also have successfully completed a small animal rotating internship in a multi-disciplinary referral hospital.
Eligible candidates should also have the right to work in the UK and possess the required Visa documents. Please apply via the application link or email your CV, cover letter and references to email@example.com
Please highlight as part of your application which role you are applying for and, if you have a preference, which location you would like to work in.
What we offer
- Expand your surgical skills and knowledge in both soft tissue and orthopaedic disciplines.
- Work with multiple disciplines to enhance your surgical case management.
- Great exposure to a range of emergency surgical cases.
- Allocated time for externships.
- Inclusion in IVC Evidensia Surgery Speciality group meetings, including regular case discussions and journal clubs.
- Additional allowance to be used on CPD/European conference attendance.
- RCVS Knowledge Library membership.
- VECCS membership for one year.
- A clinical mentor to support your learning pathway, internship experience and assist with research opportunities.
- Salary: £35,000 per annum.
- VDS and RCVS registration fees covered.
- 7 weeks annual leave and your birthday off.
- 12-month position.
- Application open date: 30th October 2023
- Application closing date: 2nd February 2024
- Interview dates: 26th February 2024 to the 1st March 2024
- Starting date: Monday 1st July 2024