Graduate Civil Engineers Water and Catchment Management Edinburgh 2024
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the UK, we also deliver local projects that protect communities.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions. On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
Jacobs are seeking a Graduate Civil Engineer in Edinburgh who is looking to begin their career in a world-class leading company with excellent career prospects. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be providing innovative and sustainable solutions for clients such as Water Companies, the Environment Agency & SEPA as well as less obvious clients like Airports.
Your workload will be varied, you could be:
- Designing a Sustainable Drainage System for a new development
- Assessing and designing options for managing flood risk and adapting to climate change
- Assessing the safety of infrastructure on rivers
- Contributing to the determination of budgets for the next five years of investment in the Water Industry
Our Graduates are exposed to a wide range of projects and we will support you to grow and develop into the areas that you find interesting. Whatever you decide to do, our friendly teams will be on hand to help you along the way.
Training programmes accredited by UK professional bodies to support you in ultimately achieving Chartered status.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Be working towards a relevant Degree or Masters level qualification in Civil Engineering
- An interest in water, flood risk, hydraulics, rivers, catchment management, coding or similar
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.