Graduate Data Analyst & Solution Developer Leeds 2021
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the opportunity
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future – today. As a Graduate Data Analyst & Solution Developer you’ll be at the heart of this future.
Jacobs Digital exists alongside this extensive portfolio of projects working with major clients across all sectors. Digital is responsible for incubating, building and running new products and solutions for our customers – meaning you are joining a team of fast moving problem solvers working on varied and interesting challenges. Our products range from established software to nascent ideas sparking in to life; leveraging Lean Startup to rapidly invest and incubate new products.
- The role will consist of two main responsibilities, a Data Analyst and Solution Developer.
- The Data Analyst role will involve working both individually and as part of a team, both within best data analytics techniques and processes.
- The role will involve all aspects of Data Analytics, including inspecting, cleansing, transforming, modelling and visualisation. Ultimately drawing conclusions from data sets and visualising them in user friendly and engaging ways.
- The Solution Developer role will be supported by the Digital Solutions Lead Solution Developer. Where new solutions are apparent in the Jacobs business, this role will work closely with the solution development lead to move the solution from high level concept to a fully functioning deliverable.
- The role will require a strong contribution to the ‘Digital Journey’ that Digital Solutions is taking with both Jacobs and their key clients. The role will contribute to delivery of a wide range of services and solutions including but not limited to asset management and predictive analytics through the use of IoT
- The role of Data Analyst and Solution developer will require an up to date technical skill base both for the role and the wider team.
- The role requires regular review of the market and skills should be acquired which ensures this technical role is kept up to date technically.
The technical skill base development will also be supported by the Data Analytics and Solution Development team.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a range of knowledge and expertise, but who also has a passion for experimenting with new and emerging technologies, pushing the boundaries and testing the art of the possible.
In addition to working on Digital Solutions owned projects the role may involve working on projects in other areas of the business especially those where we are launching or developing solutions or analytics to the other areas of the Jacobs business.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to work with two new areas within the Digital Solutions business, at a time of expected growth within the Digital Solutions business.
What You’ll Need
- 2.1 degree in computer science, maths, statistics, engineering or similar;
- Data engineering, data science, data analysis and data visualisation experience will be required;
- Programming skills in some of the following languages: Python, R, T-SQL, VB.NET, Java, C#;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; &
- Good interpersonal skills enabling you to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team and to work independently to solve problems;
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- Experience of working with database software, such as MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MS Access;
- Experience in using GIS software, such as ArcGIS, MapInfo, QGIS;
- Experience of mathematical/statistical packages, such as SPSS\PSPP, R;
- Knowledge or experience with data visualisation and dashboard software such as PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline;
We want you to have unlimited learning opportunities and space for growth in order for you to work towards the next stage of your career.
Recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice our Graduate Development Programme offers a structured approach to Continuous Professional Development. You’ll benefit from learning that complements chartership progression that will provide both the technical and business acumen you require to create your future.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.