Graduate Engineering Geologists/Geotechnical Engineers/Geoscientists Glasgow 2024
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the world, we also deliver local projects that protect communities.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions. On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on world class projects as part of our Tunnelling and Ground Engineering business.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients. As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing tunnel and ground engineering consultancy capabilities in the UK, with around 400 staff delivering practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to ground-related problems.
We seek graduates from a range of disciplines including, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Seismic Hazard and Earthquake Engineering, Geomorphology and Geohazard Risk Assessment, Geophysics, Geology and Hydrogeology, to contribute to our diverse and exciting projects. For example, as a structural geologist you might use geological and geophysical data to characterise subsurface sites for nuclear waste and CO2 storage, whereas in your role as an engineering geologist, you could help define the ground conditions for on some of the world’s largest infrastructure projects.
We are looking for people to join our team based in Glasgow who have the passion and drive to add value and shape positive solutions for major projects across the world.
The successful person will join a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. You will work as part of a diverse and highly skilled team of specialists, providing support and advice to the wider Jacobs business and clients. There will be opportunities for a broad range of responsibilities and roles within the Ground Engineering team aimed at developing your career.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Be working towards a Masters or Doctorate level qualification in Engineering Geology, Geoscience, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.