Graduate Mechanical Engineer Moor Row 2021
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, nuclear domain support, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
Business Unit Description
Jacobs is delighted to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Graduate Development Programme starting September 2021.
Our two-year structured programme has a diverse range of opportunities for curious, committed and open-minded people. If you bring the passion, energy and enthusiasm we are looking for, in return we can give you a variety of interesting and exciting projects to work on, with dedicated support every step of the way.
Please see the ‘what happens next’ section to read more about the application process.
Our programme is recognised as one of the best in our industry and is accredited with several professional science and engineering institutes.
It consists of two years’ development towards chartership, followed be a three-year career development phase. The programme is structured to provide you with the necessary technical skills and business acumen to advance your career.
For all graduates following our programme, we offer:
- On-the-job training, with opportunities to develop wider technical and project delivery skills by working alongside experienced professionals
- A strong mentoring culture, with each graduate assigned a dedicated mentor, a graduate buddy and a line manager/ supervisor to ensure they are supported in their personal and professional development
- At least one UK rotation, with opportunities to work on customer sites as well as in our offices.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- You must have a minimum 2:1 Master’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering related discipline. This can be a predicted grade if you are applying in your final year of study.
- You must be able to demonstrate a passion for your chosen subject that goes beyond the ordinary and have a genuine interest in nuclear energy and/or the defence sector.
- You must be prepared to work anywhere in the UK at any point in the scheme, with a number of rotations
- You must have experience of working in a technical and/or customer facing environment (for example summer job/ placement)
- You must have the right to work in the UK before you apply for this position. Minimum security checks will need to be satisfied and for some roles additional security clearances will be required.
Our graduates have ambition, vision and enthusiasm to drive their career forward. They are comfortable with managing multiple stakeholders and working in teams. They have strong verbal and written communication skills and are as comfortable engaging directly with our customers as they are working individually. Get up and go attitude? You bet! They embrace opportunities to work in different locations on varied assignments.
In your application, we will be looking for evidence of:
- Enthusiasm, drive and a willingness to get involved
- High standard of written and spoken English
- A clear vision of your career ahead and that you are taking practical steps to achieve it
- Simplifying complex concepts and presenting them in an engaging way
- Leadership, organisation and/or project management skills whether in an academic or non-academic context
- The ability to manage your time and stakeholders in order to multi-task effectively
- Non-academic achievements will also be considered in our selection. Examples could be clubs you are a part of, volunteering, mentoring, sporting achievements or interesting hobbies and any other applicable work experience.
Here are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Jacobs:
- A competitive reward package;
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive family friendly benefits including maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
- Strong local and national graduate network
- Annual events such as our graduate conference event in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the UK and members of senior management.
For our communities:
- We like to work with and alongside our communities and offer a matched funding community investment programme. This means that you can support causes and raise funds for charities that are really important to you and your local area – and the business will match fund whatever you raise
- We are strong advocates for change in STEM. We encourage our graduates to get involved with STEM programmes and careers fairs to ignite the next generation of clean energy enthusiasts.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your application our recruitment team will review your application.
If you are successful, the application process is separated in to three parts:
- You will be contacted by one of our recruitment team in December to complete an online video interview over the Christmas period
- Following that, if you are successful you will be invited in January/ February 2021 by one of our recruitment team to attend an online virtual technical interview. You will also need to complete an online assessment
- At this point if you are successful we will offer you a role. You will be informed February/ March 2021 by one of our recruitment team and they will then organise the appropriate forms to begin our security clearance process ready for your September start with us.
If you require any special dispensations throughout any part of our assessment process, then please inform one of our recruiters when they get in touch with you.
We recommend you save a copy of this job advert so you can reference it at a later date.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.