Graduate Visualisation Specialist 2024
Are you ready to start your career in an inclusive, flexible, and dynamic work environment?
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our Energy, Security & Technology business focuses on providing solutions relating to the energy transition, national security, space, technological innovation, and more. Our work is aligned with critical national priorities and is built on a strong foundation of long-term contracts and deep client relationships.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions.
On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations, we currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Visualisation Specialist within our Clean Energy team. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
This is an ideal role for someone with a keen interest in high-quality visual solutions and emerging media technology. We are ideally looking for a candidate who has a keen interest in 3D rendering, design and creative technology, along with knowledge or interest in coding and / or visual scripting within a game engine environment. An appreciation of architecture and engineering would be an advantage. Guided by our Project Managers the successful applicant will undertake a variety of modelling, real-time and interactive media related tasks to assist the wider team.
You will also work alongside engineers utilising a range of data capture, analysis, visualisation and compliance technologies, including the Jacobs TrackRecord and ProjectMapper systems. In doing so, you will provide critical input to delivering projects on time and within budget.
We have opportunities based in either Stockton or Warrington.
Here’s what you'll need
Be working towards a relevant Degree or Masters level qualification. Gaming/Visualisation degrees (game design or game development), Conversant with Unreal or Unity Gaming Engines would be advantageous.
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward.
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things.
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others.
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service.
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks.
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network.
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us, and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.