Graduate Statistical Programmer Analyst 2021
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an enthusiastic, innovative, data and analytics-focused graduate to join its Statistical Programming and Analysis (SP&A) group as a Statistical Programmer Analyst within Janssen Research & Development (JRD).
As a member of the Janssen Integrated Data Analysis and Reporting (IDAR), Statistical Programming and Analysis group, the Statistical Programmer Analyst will use their knowledge of statistical programming and data structures to support programming activities in compliance with departmental processes and procedures.
This includes the development, verification, and documentation of code used for the analysis and reporting of clinical data throughout the drug development process and responsibility for the timeliness and the quality of assigned deliverables that support clinical projects and submissions.
In addition, they may contribute to departmental innovation and process improvement projects.
Example duties and responsibilities
- Designing and developing statistical programs in support of clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Performing appropriate quality control and verification in support of assigned clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Maintaining statistical programming documentation as appropriate.
- Completing programming tasks of low to medium complexity with high quality and timeliness of results.
- Performing activities in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Collaborating effectively with statistical programming and cross-functional team members and counterparts to achieve project goals.
- Ensuring continued compliance with required company and departmental training, time reporting and other business/operational processes as required for position.
- Contributing to departmental innovation and process improvement projects.
What we’re looking for?
At J&J we look for passionate individuals who can understand how to best collaborate with a diverse range of people and build great working relationships. You should be open to new challenges and adaptable. Working in an environment that’s constantly changing, you need to show that you can be a flexible and adaptable team player. Coupled with this we look for the following key skills
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge and skills in a complex environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed.
- Experience using programming languages (e.g. SAS, R, Python) and data structures is preferred.
- A recognised bachelors degree qualification at a 2:1 or above achieve by Summer 2021
- Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other scientific degrees preferred.
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 17th March, but could close earlier if we receive too many applications