HEMA Placement Leeds 2024
Join us in a Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) Student Placement for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region to help advance the future of health – and follow a career with purpose.
Imagine the breakthroughs we’ll make together
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, MedTech, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines.
We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
MedTech: Drive Innovation and Your Career
Within J&J MedTech, we are reshaping how healthcare is delivered, managed and experienced in an increasingly digital world. Our teams collaborate closely with scientists, surgeons, colleagues, patients, payers and professionals across the world. It’s exciting to turn ideas into reality – our people are improving the patient’s healthcare journey, while accelerating their own careers.
Join us in an exciting opportunity to support the HEMA (Health Economics and Market Access) EMEA team in a one-year placement. The role will be split across two teams, giving valuable insights into how the regional HEMA EMEA team works and how a local HEMA role works.
50% of the role will be to work with the Ethicon HEMA EMEA team supporting key projects including development of market access strategies for our MedTech portfolio, learning about evidence generation and dissemination, and developing your health economics and data analytics skills.
50% of the role will be to work with the UK HEMA team to localize HEMA tools and disseminate them to the local sales team, support with local market access strategies and help to shape the funding and reimbursement environment.
This opportunity will enable you to develop key technical competencies in the HEMA team, including market access assessment and strategy, funding and reimbursement, innovation and commercial competencies, Value Based Healthcare, evidence generation and dissemination and health economics and data analytics.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Support the HEMA EMEA team with business-critical projects, such as the development of market access strategies for a diverse range of technologies including our digital portfolio, novel wound closure or biosurgery technologies
- Support in the development of budget impact models and design training to be delivered to the sales team
- Development of materials that communicate the value of technologies in a specific healthcare setting
- Work with the team on evidence generation and dissemination projects, enabling you to learn this process end to end
- Student looking for an industry placement between year 2 and 3 of their undergraduate University Course
- Based in the UK
- University course in science, health, bio (statistics), data analytics, informatics, or economics
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking, persuasive communication, and great project management
- Fluency in English is essential, and an additional language relevant to EMEA is a plus
You belong at Johnson & Johnson
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in EMEA are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong.”
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.