Statistical Programming and Data Science Placement Student
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
The Statistical Programming and Data Science Placement Student is a temporary experience development position within the IDAR Statistical Programming and Analysis functional area. This position will provide the successful student with an opportunity to develop basic knowledge and experience of statistical programming in the drug development process through training, coaching and engaging in activities relevant to the function. A fundamental part of this training will be learning how to program using SAS and R under close, qualified supervision that will ensure quality and compliance.
Upon successful completion of your training your main responsibilities may include (but not be limited to):
- Design and develop statistical programs of low complexity in support of low risk functional deliverables related to clinical research analysis and reporting.
- Perform appropriate quality control and verification activities of low complexity in support of assigned clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Maintain Statistical Programming documentation related to these activities.
- Provide input into other procedural or technical documents.
The Statistical Programming Placement Student may also get the opportunity to contribute to departmental innovation and process improvement projects or exploratory research projects.
- Successful completion of the first two years of a degree course.
- A minimum of a 2:1 achieved in the first year.
- Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other scientific degrees preferred.
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge and skills in a complex environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed.
- Experience using programming languages (e.g. SAS, R, Python) and data structures is preferred.