Graduate Naval Architect
Join us as a Graduate Naval Architect working in our Naval Architecture teams to reduce carbon emissions whilst contributing to technically challenging and exciting projects. Interface with clients to represent our teams, discussing engineering solutions to complex problems. All whilst earning a salary of £35,000 and the support of your mentor, manager and our development programme.
Unleash your energy within.
As a Graduate Naval Architect, you could be supporting our clients through services including feasibility studies, concept and sizing or life extension projects. You’ll learn all about what goes into encouraging and fostering innovative solutions and new approaches to client problems. Spend your time supporting our external markets, supporting our business development and work winning activities.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Designing and analysing floating and fixed offshore structures, including fixed and floating wind turbines, semi-submersibles and FPSO/FLNG vessels, from concept study to decommissioning
- Analysing vessels and offshore structures using techniques such as hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, stability analysis, transportation analysis and structural assessments
- Learning to use tools such as Ansys AQWA, DNV SESAM, Simulia Abaqus, Orcina, Orcaflex, modeFRONTIER and Python
What you can expect
We’re seeing more graduates moving into senior roles, faster, and we’re not going to lose momentum. With our structured development programme, you’ll learn new management skills and capabilities from industry professionals at Kent and structured training sessions we’ve planned for you. Build a future in a diverse company that has a real passion to see you develop. We also have a variety of benefits available, including:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible holiday (buy & sell)
- My Discounts Plus (discounts from shops and retailers)
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Scheme (Tusker) - available after 6-month probation period
Who you are
Passionate about consultancy and equality, diversity and inclusion. We revolve around team working, so you will need to be comfortable working collaboratively with a curious approach to finding new solutions. You should an enthusiastic graduate with motivation to grow in your role and a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s or 2:2 Master’s degree in Naval Architecture or Ship Science.
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
Who we are
We are Kent. We design, build and maintain the assets that power the world. We’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. Our beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.