Graduate Structural Engineer
Join us as a Graduate Structural Engineer working in our Offshore Structures team to reduce carbon emissions whilst contributing to technically challenging and exciting projects. Be the person that determines the fatigue and fracture reliability of structures alongside highly specialised experts. All whilst earning a salary of £35,000 and the support of your mentor, manager and our development programme.
Unleash your energy within.
As a Graduate Structural Engineer, you could be designing new offshore wind farms, sub-stations and floating concept designs – all to help our clients improve their operational efficiencies and reduce carbon emissions. You’ll learn all about what goes into creating our asset integrity management offerings, developing carbon capture and storage solutions, and visiting offshore client installations. Interface with our clients and represent our teams to discuss engineering solutions to complex problems whilst supporting our external markets, business development and work winning activities.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Creating and interrogating finite element models in our advanced structural analysis teams using a variety of software and programming languages
- Designing large scale multi-disciplinary greenfield and brownfield Oil & Gad projects, as well as the next phase of the world’s offshore wind farms from concept to operation
- Developing life extension plans for ageing structures in the Oil & Gas market as well as power boosts and life extensions for Offshore Wind Turbine Structures
- Improving efficiency offshore through inspection activities, development of risk-based inspection work scopes and operational support
What you can expect
We’re seeing more graduates moving into senior roles, faster, and we’re not going to lose momentum. With our structured development programme, you’ll learn new management skills and capabilities from industry professionals at Kent and structured training sessions we’ve planned for you. Build a future in a diverse company that has a real passion to see you develop. We also have a variety of benefits available, including:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible holiday (buy & sell)
- My Discounts Plus (discounts from shops and retailers)
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Scheme (Tusker) - available after 6-month probation period
Who you are
Passionate about consultancy and equality, diversity and inclusion. We revolve around team working, so you will need to be comfortable working collaboratively with a curious approach to finding new solutions. You should an enthusiastic graduate with motivation to grow in your role and a Master’s in Civil or Structural Engineering.
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
Who we are
We are Kent. We design, build and maintain the assets that power the world. We’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. Our beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.