Data Scientist Intern
Data Scientist Intern
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist Intern pursuing a degree or recently graduated in mathematics, statistics or computer science, or another quantitative discipline.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to improve the experience of King’s 300 million+ players across our network of games and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you. You will be part of the community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King, while working daily in smaller teams of 5- 8 people within the studio.
As an intern, you will get a chance to dip your feet and take part of typical tasks that fill our Data Scientists’ day:
- Building both large systematic reports and one- off small pieces of analysis.
- Providing on- going reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources.
- Working with all parts of the business to identify analytical requirements and formalize an approach for reliable, relevant, accurate, efficient reporting on those requirements.
- Translating business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
- Proactively developing new analyses and insights, to drive decisions and strategies for user acquisition, retention and monetization.
- Designing and implementing advanced statistical testing for customized problem solving.
- Debugging and problem- solving issues to ensure delivery of accurate metrics
- Supporting with scoping and prioritizing future projects.
Skills to create thrills
- With a real passion for games, you will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics
- Have programming skills
- Interest in drawing business insights from data.
- Show us that you have the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast pace and shared environment whilst communicating your findings effectively!
- Recently finished or pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, math, analytics or equivalent
- Experience dealing with large, real- world datasets and SQL is a plus
- Experience in statistical analysis, e.g. A/B testing, predictive analytics skills
- Worked with practical applications of data analysis e.g. segmentation, visualisation
- Programming skills in languages such as Java, R, Python, etc.
- Experience with business analytics
Want to join our Kingdom? Apply now! All applications need to be in English. This will be a 6- month full- time internship starting around September and is suitable for those looking for a LIA placement or have recently graduated. Our application deadline is April 18th 2021, however we recruit on an ongoing basis, so early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
Please note that this internship will likely be carried out on a remote basis. We are keeping this under review, and will provide final confirmation closer to the date on which the internship is due to commence, but you should assume the internship will be remote. To be considered for this opportunity you would need to be a resident of, and eligible to work in, a country where King is located, as King can only facilitate local hires in order to comply with its legal and tax obligations. These countries are: UK, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Malta. If you are resident and eligible to work in one of these countries you are free to apply for a remote internship in any of the other King locations listed here (even if it’s not the country you’re resident in). Please note that we will require evidence of your residence and eligibility to work as part of the internship application process.