Process Engineer Placement Redcar 2024
We are looking for someone who is eager to work in a broad range of process engineering roles, from process development and equipment design, including participating in safety studies, to trouble-shooting plant issues or providing office-based support for plant commissioning.
Koch Technology Solutions (KTS) is a leading global process technology development and licensing business within Koch Industries. We are recruiting several placement students within the organisation, and will support them in finding local accommodation.
We welcome applications from a wide range of students, including both international and domestic students.
What You Will Do
- Working as part of multifunctional project teams providing process engineering design for a range of petrochemical technologies
- Develop new designs for process plants as part of technology development teams
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- University student looking to undertake this placement as part of the year in industry.
- Studying a degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software applications.
- The desire to learn quickly, be driven, confident and self-motivated.
What Will You Get Out Of It
- Develop industry relevant technical skills, putting theory learned during your course into practice, building on your existing knowledge and providing a solid foundation for your future career.
- Quickly learn how your skills and enthusiasm can directly contribute to the success of a business.
- See the value your actions and decisions create for our products and clients.
- The company is based at the Wilton Centre, on a large science and business park ten minutes from Middlesbrough with an on-site restaurant and a gym.
- The majority of staff are working in the office and this would be the expectation for placement students.
- Other benefits include 25 days paid holiday and flexible working hours.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
Koch Technology Solutions (KTS), is a world leading licensor of technology for the Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains and is expanding into other technology sectors. The newest additions to our technology range include extracting lithium from brine (Direct Lithium Extraction) to support the growing need for energy storage, and advanced recycling of mixed waste PET bottles and containers into raw materials for high-quality food-grade applications thereby closing the recycling loop on plastics.
KTS has over 40 years of licensing experience and deploys a global team of technical experts to design, commission, and support license plants. We are seeking to recruit a Principal Process Engineer to join our team. Candidates should be interested in working on process engineering design packages, developing new technologies and gaining operations/commissioning experience. Experience in any of the technologies that KTS currently Licenses is not essential.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.