Forensic Investigations and Intelligence Internship London 2024
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and external counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
This role is for a fixed-term internship for a three-month period in the summer of 2023.
- Conduct thorough exploratory research utilizing databases, internet and public domain tools on a diverse range of focus areas (businesses, projects, individuals).
- Conduct research and analysis with a focus on areas of potential risk, including reputational and financial risk.
- Review corporate records, contracts and other documentation, and financial statements.
- Produce detailed analysis of information that is identified through research, through interpreting and distilling significant patterns, themes and developments.
- Analyse and interrogate large amounts of financial data and present findings coherently.
- Write well structured, logical, and objective reports that present research in a client-focused manner and addresses the clients’ central questions and concerns.
- Create charts and diagrams to present key investigative findings visually.
- Keep abreast of current affairs, with consideration of risks faced by international organisations, and implications of working across different jurisdictions.
- Organise project files, maintain accurate research records and record all costs incurred on projects.
- Maintain effective time management in order to meet client deadlines.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities and continuously seek to improve performance.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university or college with a focus on analytical research, complex problem solving, and critical thinking, with a graduation date in 2024 or later.
- An interest in business and commercial affairs, and specifically in risks faced by commercial organisations around the world, particularly in relation to exposures to financial crime, such as fraud or money laundering.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to ethical management of sensitive and confidential data.
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills.
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- An analytical, inquisitive, and logical mind, with excellent attention to detail and a rigorous approach to conducting research.
- Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in the haystack.”
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Oral and written proficiency in languages other than English, especially, Arabic, German, and French.
- Experience and skills in using investigative analysis tools, computer programming, or data analytics.
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in a research-related field.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.