Business Development Apprentice - Automation Logic
Automation Logic is a leading professional services consultancy helping organisations to embrace human-friendly automation and achieve their creative potential. They deliver Cloud, Automation and DevOps solutions and advocate for the strategic adoption of automation as the foundation for prosperity in the digital age. They are now looking for a Business Development Apprentice to join their team!
- You demonstrate a sense of accountability and appreciate that, although your role is junior, it is nonetheless essential and people rely upon you for providing vital services to the business.
- You appreciate that the Front of House nature of your role means you are the first person to greet visitors and so you are an ambassador for the business and you are expected to be welcoming, helpful, professional and to live the company values.
- You seek feedback on the quality of your work and can accept feedback in a positive way
- You develop and demonstrate an understanding of the reason why you are carrying out various tasks and activities and how they are important to the business.
- You understand how Automation Logic makes money and can describe our business model at a high level.
- You have a number of tasks, many of which are administrative and time-sensitive and others that are operational and fundamental to the smooth running of the business.
- You plan your time using your calendar which is shared with the team.
- You document your regular tasks and your progress with them so that you can easily handover in the event of sickness and holiday.
- You have regular 1-2-1s with your direct manager where you will be able to give a clear update on where you are up-to-date and where you need extra support.
- You are able to organise the office, plan calendar events and name, file and retrieve documents in a clear and consistent way.
- You are always looking for ways to be better, to improve how things are organised and improve the quality of services you deliver to the business.
- From time to time, you will be required to review data such as prices, spending, travel and accommodation options and select or recommend the most appropriate.
- This will require you to take a structured approach to data gathering and comparison. You will be able to explain your rationale for your choices/recommendations.
Typical administrative duties will include
- Submitting expenses for senior employees and purchases for juniors, using the company credit card
- Creating a slide deck for monthly all-hands meetings
- Arranging calendar events for the company - e.g. wellbeing events, company meetings
- Supporting the onboarding process with various data-gathering and organisational tasks including liaising with our security clearance provider
- Sending time-sheet reminders to billable staff
- Assisting with planning and organising company events
You’ll need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Familiarity with Google Suite - Gmail, Gcal, Drive, Sheets, Slides
- Good eye for detail
- Problem-solving approach
- Good spelling and grammar
- Helpful and professional attitude and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and able to work solo with clear guidance, knowing when to ask for help