Automation Test Engineer Farnborough 2024
We are looking for an Automation test Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. This role would suit someone at the beginning of or early in their Testing career.
We need talented individuals to apply their technical skills for solving problems with data across a number of critical UK sectors. We are on a mission to ensure that Leidos stands out in what is becoming an increasingly popular market place. It means creative solutions to problems using innovative design implementation and testing of systems and services with a focus on scalability and sustainability.
Specifically you will be part of a test team transforming, supporting and maintaining a system of critical national infrastructure into public cloud adhering to engineering best practices.
You will be expected to work closely with team members and the broader programme to test the transformation of legacy infrastructure to AWS Cloud.
The legacy platform utilises a wide variety of technologies so you must be flexible and quick to acquire new skills.
What we are looking for
- The successful applicant will have completed a College or University Degree in a technical Computing, Computer Science, IT discipline or similar.
- You will be highly technical in nature, and looking to apply this in the transition of our legacy platforms to AWS.
- A great attitude to learning with strong communication skills
- Of course it would be great if you had some experience of testing and automation in a cloud environment but this is not essential
- Candidate must be a UK National
- Must be able to obtain an SC level clearance
It would be great if you had any additional experience/knowledge in the following, but otherwise this will give you an insight of the skills you will gain experience of in this role:
- Experience with automation frameworks using common automation tools
- Knowledge of APIs and WebServices.
- Programming/Database skills
- Knowledge of Java/Python
- SQL - Oracle/PostgreSQL
- AWS Qualifications in your area of expertise
- Comfortable with Windows/Linux
- Experience of Test and CI/CD pipeline tools
What we do for you
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is agrowing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growthwhilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.