Commercial Graduate Luton 2024
Joining the Leonardo Graduate Scheme is the opportunity to be part of the next generation of our business. As a Graduate you will join us on £32,000 with a welcome bonus and could receive a generous Temporary Accommodation Allowance if you move more than 40 miles away from home for the role.
You will be provided with a wealth of development opportunities in both virtual and applied working environments. On our programme you will engage with challenging and exciting project work and deliver innovative business or technical solutions as part of a team of subject matter experts. Throughout the programme you will receive coaching and support from your team to achieve your objectives as well as your personal development goals. We are committed to developing our graduates into leading technical or business professionals, and as such we will also support you through your preferred route for chartership.
At Leonardo we value individuals who continuously demonstrate a dedication to their personal development, and this is no different for our graduates. We have partnered with Coursera, the world leading online training platform that offers around 4,000 courses you can sign up to, according to your professional and personal interests. Self-directed learning thrives in this environment.
Are you interested in obtaining Commercial experience in the Aerospace and Defence Sector?
Do you want to work for an integrated and dynamic industrial entity, focused on Aerospace, Defence and Security, at the forefront of technology and launched towards the industry of the future?
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the IMS Commercial and Procurement team at Leonardo, within the Integrated Missions Systems sector of the Electronic Warfare, which is a major growth area with ambitious targets over the short to medium term.
You will interface with a variety of UK and International customers [both government organisations and other commercial entities], and work as part of integrated project teams (IPTs), supporting the maintenance of current contracts and developing commercial bids/ proposals working within a fast-paced environment.
You will have an interest in commercial business winning and/or contract management and pricing activities in the Aerospace and Defence Sector.
The role will be a mixture of home based and on site working, as well as occasional travel to customer locations.
The successful candidate will ideally have a Legal or Business Degree and an interest in the Defence Sector, being able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to gain commercial experience supporting a variety of bids and long term contracts for key programmes, products and customers.
What you’ll do
- Drafting, negotiating and administration of simple and complex terms and conditions of contracts, working with senior commercial team members and procurement counterparts to ensure appropriate flow down to subcontractors.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements, Teaming Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Providing commercial support and administration to projects and/or contracts, including change control management, monitoring performance of its contractual obligations and management of commercial risk.
- Producing accurate and compliant customer pricing by applying the appropriate pricing strategy and model to cost estimates
- Represent the Commercial function and Leonardo through attendance at customer /supplier meetings
- Preparing proposals for submission to Customers in conjunction with the preparation of internal documentation required to obtain bid approval.
- Ensuring adherence to commercial and business processes and procedures, and that associated internal approvals are in place in line with delegated authorities.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers to deliver the value to the company.
- Work as an integral member of the Integrated Project Team to support the winning of new business and the management and delivery of current contracts.
We’re looking for someone who
- Holds an understanding of basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange.
- Has an understanding of contract law and its application.
- Has the ability to build effective and strong relationships with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Has Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Is proactive, tenacious, results driven.
- Has a desire to learn and improve self.
- Will travel in the UK to customer and internal sites, with possible overseas travel.
It would be nice if you had
- An understanding of Leonardo markets, products, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business.
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business which includes having a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
At Leonardo, we are strongly committed to supporting all our people, and, as society and the environment we work in changes, our approach to Inclusion and Diversity continues to evolve and adapt to reflect this. A culture of inclusion goes on to create an environment for greater collaboration, innovation and opportunities to develop as an organisation. If you are willing and able to commit to giving your best performance, you will find Leonardo a very rewarding place to work!