Manufacturing Graduate Ampthill 2024
Due to our continued success and the recent award of significant contracts, the company is continuing in an exciting period of growth. Currently, we have vacancies for high-calibre Graduate Engineers to join Manufacturing, which forms part of the Production Operations Function at LMUK Ampthill.
Manufacturing includes responsibilities for:
- Production Operations, Production Control, Materials Planning and Stores.
Operations Engineering includes responsibilities for:
- Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing Technologies.
Candidates shall have strong technical skills with drive, be open to change and challenge and have ambition for both our business and their personal success. In return, we offer Graduates a full career with potential for technical and/or management advancement, supported by our commitment to ongoing professional training.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong belief in both corporate and personal ethical standards and aim to provide our Graduates with an empowered and supportive working environment with a very competitive reward package.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Working alongside Manufacturing engineers, Manufacturing specialists, Production Managers and team leaders Manufacturing Graduates will use engineering and process improvement tools and techniques to develop operational excellence supporting a diverse range of activities, under the guidance of senior manufacturing personnel and Specialists which includes:
- A degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- Responsibility for Planning own work within defined constraints with the assistance of Manufacturing and technical mentors.
- Provide overall technical support and assistance to the manufacturing teams.
- Act as liaison between the engineering and production teams.
- Develop skills and a working knowledge of both manufacturing and functional standards and procedures.
- Meet production plans, schedules and costs with assistance.
- Ability to work accurately, prioritise tasks and work with minimal supervision within a production environment.
- Demonstrate a systematic disciplined approach.
- Safety orientated.
- Successfully complete the Manufacturing Graduate program.
- Successfully complete any appropriate or mandatory training courses.
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
- Seek out opportunities that will push you to strengthen your skills and enhance your knowledge under guidance.
- The role requires the candidate to have a broad Manufacturing, background, You must be able to think laterally generating novel and innovative solutions to complex problems.
What we offer you
At Lockheed Martin our employees come first and therefore your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment you can expect so much more.
We are an employer in support of and offering Flexible working with the option to also work a 4 day week depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off. We offer Competitive salaries alongside a flexible holiday entitlement.
We have a Wealth of benefits available to you that can be selected through our wellbeing tool upon commencement of employment. Just a few of our amazing benefits are shown below:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Competitive Pension
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Employee discounts for top high street shops
- Employee Assistance Program which includes free face to face counselling sessions, Legal advice, Financial advice, etc
- Internal training and development alongside out Education assistance programmes
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Competitive policies that support flexibility and family leave inclusive of enhanced maternity leave
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of business areas focusing on Platform Integration, Ground Based Air Defence, Special Projects and Weapons, which provide a variety of products and services to the Ministry of Defence and other customers.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return we offer an exciting and challenging career path and excellent work/life balance with a 4 day week (Mon-Thurs) and flexible working arrangements.