Mars R&D Leadership Experience Graduate Programme 2024
Our R&D Graduate Leadership Programme: The Mars R&D Leadership Experience is the perfect grounding for a career in R&D. You’ll manage projects, take on roles with local and international exposure and make decisions with real consequences. The work will come thick and fast, preparing you for the challenges of tomorrow.
The R&D Programme comprises of three 12-month placements. You’ll spend 2 of those years in our R&D function, exploring and contributing to what goes on in a function that plays a critical role in the making and developing of our most loved products. You will also get the opportunity to spend your 2nd or 3rd placement in either procurement or supply, giving you a unique opportunity to experience a breadth of roles in the supply side of our business.
What will you do?
- 3 x 12-month placements, 2 placements in R&D and the opportunity for 1 year in either Commercial or Supply.
- Opportunities to manage your own projects, allowing you to develop every day.
- After the 3 years you will sign off into a role in our R&D function.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of a 2:1 in any STEM degree subject. Graduating next summer or graduated within the last 2 years.
- Technically and digitally minded.
- Mobile within the UK. Your home site could either be Slough or Birstall (Leeds) but you may need to relocate for 1 of your placement years.
- You’ll be passionate about being a future leader in R&D and be able to demonstrate leadership potential.
What are the benefits?
- Starting salary of £33,000 and joining bonus of £2,000.
- Wide range of competitive benefits, including competitive pension and healthcare scheme, annual bonus and flexible working hours.
- We’ll give you access to inspiring mentors and coaches to help you grow.
- Join our global graduate community, create friends for life and join a global business.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.