Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) Sales & Consulting Academy Summer Internship Birmingham 2024
Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) Sales & Consulting Academy Summer Internship Programme 2024 (Birmingham)
Mercer is part of the Marsh McLennan family and at Mercer, we believe in building brighter futures. Together, we’re redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement, and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being.
Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) is the largest benefits consultancy in the UK and we work with clients to design the best benefits package for their employees. MMB offer our clients a wide range of employee benefits consulting, brokerage and digital solutions, all of which are designed to improve the benefits experience for our client’s most valuable asset – their people.
The nature of the employee benefits industry is changing, and at MMB we are excited to be leading this change. The MMB Consulting & Sales Internship is designed to deliver against our home-grown talent strategy. If you want to tackle new challenges, develop a breadth of skills, be a part of a growing business and have fun at the same time, read on. If you are successful on the internship, we will look to offer you a position on our 2025 graduate program.
What can you expect?
- Successful candidates will spend 8 weeks gaining experience of both internal projects and working with clients
- You will have exposure to both consulting and sales to understand the different responsibilities of the different roles
- You will be assigned a buddy who is a current graduate program member to be able to get first hand understanding of the full program and someone to support you through your time with us
- Working on a project with other interns across MMC
What you will be rewarded with?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent development opportunities
- Client exposure, across a variety of disciplines
- Learn every day throughout your internship from a range of experienced professionals and industry leaders
- Share your experiences and build a network with other interns
- Being able to challenge yourself on a daily basis
- Opportunity to make an impact – we work with major organisations and our work impacts millions of people every day
- Enhanced focus on consulting and analytical skills
- Open, positive culture where diversity is valued and celebrated
- Potential to secure a full time role ready for you to start in 2025 , giving you more time to focus on and get the most out of your final year of university study
- We offer and embrace a hybrid working model that nurtures a collaborative working environment in the office 3 days per week allowing 2 days per week to be spent working on a remote basis.
- Access to Employee Resource Groups that create supportive communities around various topics, including race & ethnicity, disabilities, and gender. These groups hold events to raise awareness and mark significant events in the calendar.
What you need to have
- You should be a penultimate year student and expected to achieve a minimum of 2:1 degree on completion
- Right to Work in the UK (we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
What makes you stand out
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a drive to make a positive impact
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to changing client needs
- Resilient, driven, articulate, and highly motivated to drive growth
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with more than 85,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $20 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit mercer.com. Follow Mercer on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, civil partnership status, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, gender reassignment, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments in accordance with applicable law to any candidate with a disability to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. If you have a disability that may require reasonable adjustments, please contact us at TAUK@mmc.com
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person.