Public Relations Industrial Placement Slough 2024
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play.
Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
To support and accelerate Euromea PR functions for some of Mattel’s most exciting and well-known brands including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, Fireman Sam and others in key European markets including the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Russia.
This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience at a very high level across corporate, trade, consumer and internal in a fast-paced environment while being mentored and developed. This will suit a PR, English or Media graduate who has a desire to work in the public relations industry.
- Shadow and support EMEA PR team on day to day operations across corporate, trade, consumer PR and internal communications
- Work closely with European PR agencies across markets to set up meetings, insight sessions and coordinate materials
- Work on coverage reports and evaluation, learning about European media
- Help manage and post to LinkedIn corporate account for Mattel EMEA
- Assist and champion internal communication for Mattel Europe
- Assist in preparing toolkits and press assets for key brands
- Prepare PR presentations and round-ups for European PR and brand team’s company meetings
- Point person on PR shoots or events
- Unrivalled access to one of the most exciting and dynamic companies in EMEA
- How to work with a US corporation and the different workstreams
- Knowledge working on high profile consumer brands at European level across consumer and trade media
- Experience in event planning and coordination
- Insight into production and brand franchise process and timelines
- Mentoring and teaching of the primary duties
Social and philanthropic opportunities
- Taking accountability for planning and delivering office engagement and philanthropic events
- Playing an active role in the generation of event initiatives, with the other Mattel interns Social Committee, to drive employee engagement, as part of the “Intern Project”
- Living the Mattel Brands by facilitating events and brand activations as guided by the Company. These initiatives include the Halloween Party, Children’s Festive Party and other ad-hoc events and activations
- Assisting with the organisation and delivery of philanthropic activities as a member of Mattel’s charity events management team, “Our Committee”
What we’re looking for
- MUST have outstanding writing skills
- Capacity to summarize the vast amount of research information
- Digitally savvy
- BA/BS (4-Year College/University Degree)
- Knowledge and genuine interest in the media/entertainment sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team Player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to be proactive
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Previous work experience in an office environment is desirable but not essential
What it’s like to work here
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who we are
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play.
We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies.
Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.